Reeves Beach Vic.

For all RV travel & touring information on Victoria
dieseltojo

Re: Reeves Beach Vic.

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi Jock, I don’t want to boast but The very thought of me throwing in a line terrifies the fish so much they won’t come near me. :)
I surf fished five out of the six days stay and caught one large crab, and one decent sized toadie. That’s it.

A couple of fellow campers both caught a nice 3 kg salmon each. We all fished the afternoon tides, as we were to lazy to do the exercise in the cool of the morning.

A bit disappointing but I really enjoyed the whole trip. I was casting with a 3 ounce star sinker and no problems holding the bottom, or any side drift. I tried a ball sinker to get some movement into the bait but the crabs were right on the ball. I lost the bait every 10 minutes and was only using the one rod.

There is a nice day trip to Agnes Falls,around 60 klm away, and the small seaside towns are pretty little spots. Port Albert is famous for its fish and chips, which i really needed.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:04 pm

dieseltojo wrote:Sorry for the poor pic quality Jock, I reckon I will go back to the tried and true Photobucket system, even though it takes a lot longer.
G’day DT,

I thought your pics were OK. You could improve them with a bigger size.

The few I checked were 700 pixels wide. When I want to get the best result I use the forum limit of 900 pixels.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:09 am

Good tip OT.. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

Ancient Mariner

Post by Ancient Mariner » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:36 pm

I am with you DT, Port Albert fish & chips were great when I was there
Graham

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Yes Graham, and a wonderful place to just sit and enjoy life. We also had a look at the Museum. It is full of great info on the setting up of the place.
A point of interest was a lady called Agnes who was a bullocky and a tough customer.
They named a local waterfall after here, now called Agnes falls. It is the nicest of 16 fall in the area.

Jock this is around #0 klm from Reeves Beach.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1929 Pop Top

jock

Post by jock » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:14 am

Beautiful spot D.T….But, as I mentioned before, We’re not really keen on surf beach camping – allthough we’ve done a hell of a lot of it on Double Island Point Beach and Fraser Island – For the trip I’m contemplating, looking more for the calmer estuary stuff suitable for our roof top tinny- specifically fishing for K.G. Whiting.

a couple of hundred years ago :roll: our favourite haunts were around the Prom and South Gippsland…..even had my first major car smash in Foster..went over the side of a cliff on Amy’s track.

Might stick to our original plan and head for the C.P. at Corner Inlet (near Fish Creek) and use that as a base. From there we can check out Shallow Inlet, Port Welshpool, Port Albert etc.

Anyone stayed at Corner Inlet??

Jock :?:

bigal42

Post by bigal42 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 am

Jock there is a caravan park at Yanakie,on Corner Inlet,we have not stayed there but it looks OK.
You can camp at Shallow Inlet,bush type camp,it was a bit wet when we looked around the area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm

That’s cool Jock,
I have never fished at Corner Inlet but those pics look great Bigal.

I know a bloke who is a resident at Lochsport (lake fishing), and fishes out of a kyack. He does pretty well, but over time has learnt his spots. :)
1929 Pop Top

bigal42

Post by bigal42 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Paul we stayed at Toora CP.,and looked around the area for likely spots to go to later on.The Falls were worth looking at,and they have done the picnic area up really well.

jock

Post by jock » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:23 am

Yep. BigAl…that’s the one ! There is also a commercial C.P. at Shallow Inlet but I think they only have a few tourist sites…..

Thanks for posting, great pics.

Jock :)

Return to “Touring VIC”