View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Golden Beach Paradise Beach VIC 

Post Golden Beach Paradise Beach VIC
Has anyone camped at either, was it good or bad. Looking at going in March. Thanks

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Post Re: Golden Beach Paradise Beach VIC
We have camped there a few times in the last couple of years.
Very basic bush camping and unless things have changed, toilets are at Golden Beach which is quite a bit more than walking distance from the various camp spots along the beach.
The camping area is behind the sand dunes on the 90 mile beach - no good for swimming (dangerous rips) - but fishing might produce something if your lucky.
A couple of days would be enough there.
Usually this area, along with Loch Sport, is renowned for very numerous and hungry mosquitoes so be prepared.
2 other camps in this area I would recommend are - CAW6 -47 Willow Park at Rosedale - green grass camping area and a builders type toilet and good water - CAW6 - 35 Marlay Point - camping area alongside the water (Lake Wellington) with a good flush toilet and is usually quiet as its a fair way from Sale and probably to far for the hoons to go to be a pest.
If your looking for an overnighter down that way try CAW6 - 88 - Port Albert - camping area at the carpark/boatramp good clean and quiet area with good toilets and a fish-n chips shop on the pier.

Hope this helps.

Jeff.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi not grey nomads yet,
We used to camp there often and always had a great time. But it is basically if you like surf fishing and kids can swim in between sand bars at low tide under supervision. Taught the kids to fish.

Don't know about these days but we used to bring our own water and beer as it was a trip back to Seaspray or Sale.
But hell it was free, swings etc Paradise Beach end, plenty of fire wood,fishing was lousy; beer was good.
Used to stay around 5 days with three or four family groups.
Pretty hard to beat for mine.... :)

Sorry but if you can't give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks for the info, not sure about the mossie, me and them just don't mix.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]