View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 shower and toilet tent 

Post Re: shower and toilet tent
G’day all,
I came across this link somewhere, I think on another forum, not sure, but it certainly helped me sort out folding the tent. Watched it a couple of times then went out into the back yard and I could actually fold it up without the normal "encouraging" language.
Hope the link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RprCFCCJ7Ow

Regards Nifty

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I can’t be THAT easy !!?? Even the guy at the show didn’t make it look that easy!

Thanks for the link – I know what I am doing tomorrow morning!

This is more-or-less how I was shown (Nifty’s link is MUCH easier to follow, for me anyway):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJeVNbHsLkg&NR=1

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

:lol: It is that easy at home……..wait til you get an audience :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Bought a new one the other day, one of the self unfolding ones with the flexi poles stitched in.

The Mrs came home from work and decided to open it up on the back lawn, not paying any attention to how it unfolded. The instructions were of course useless.

Took me 20min to figure it out, she still can’t get it tho and I’m too mean to show her.

Got it for $58 at BigW with a photo of someone I’m supposed to recognise from an inferior code of football on it. Didn’t sway me in the purchase either way but it does seem to do its job and stood up well to gale force winds.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 pm

I carry the clip on how to fold the tent on my phone in case I forget
Not that we use it often, having the built in system :)
Dont buy one of those nasty bunnings type generators!!
Little honda, Yamaha or Kipor. They wont boil the jug or run a microwave, but will give you lights, run your fridge and charge your batteries If you want to run more, then get over 2000 w one

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:00 am

Smokeydk wrote:
We have a blue & white Oztent shower/toilet tent.it has external poles and guide ropes..removable floor.and soft mesh pockets to hold bits and pieces..including dunny paper….ours is setup behind the van door facing van……for privacy.

Dave

Hey Dave…Great photo. Where was that?

Jock :?:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Jock…..its near Mannum SA..near Purnong Landing ..place is called Lakeside Camp Ground..its in Camp5/6 book….was there Adelaide Cup weekend.couple weekends ago.

Dave

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com/

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am

Gidday Barry & Pam. Before I bought my new van with shower & toilet, I had a poptop and had a shower tent & porta pottie, The best thing I bought was a Coleman hot water system. It come with a shower attachment and runs off a gas bottle or cartridge. We would set up a small table outside the tent and sit the Colman on it and use it to shower and also hot water for washing up. 2 of us could have a good shower with 20 liters of water.

Regards
Alvik

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:54 am

We bought a double tent with connecting inside door. We find it great as we undress in to loo side, slip through the door to shower then back again to dress, nothing gets wet and there is plenty of room. We carry a container with a screw top lid which holds a little bilge pump for travelling and holds enough water sor a shower. We run the bilge pump off the 12v. We generally put the tent at the rear of the awning. The tent has 6 external poles and takes no time to put up and take down. We also have a spring loaded tent and I have had some fun watching Dave try to fold it up. It stays at home most trips.

GU Patrol
Supreme Getaway

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Alvik,

We have a coleman hot water cube and the water is very warm , we have tested it in the backyard and the shower attachment is excellent also. I think we made a good investment, the trip will be our true test. Only 4 weeks to go!!!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next