Toilets

Barry and Pam

Re: Toilets

Post by Barry and Pam » Thu May 10, 2012 3:49 pm

If you have a porta pottie that is a little too low for comfort we found a walking frame (the fold up type for easy storage and travelling)) excellent for getting up and down. Great when you have bad knees or back. They can be found at the local second hand shop or charity store. Our pottie stored under the bed nicely but if we got a taller one we would have had to look somewhere else to store it, so the walking frame was excellent as we are both tall people too.

We have travelled all over Oz with this setup and with a shower tent and water cube we had our bathroom at each free camp.

Now we have our full ensuite and are over the moon with it.

Pam

nsgnomad

Post by nsgnomad » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Just another thought about where to put the loo when traveling. We bought one of the Aldi ones and were very happy with it. Our van has a bunk across the front and a lounge along the side, meeting at a corner. While travelling, i keep the loo in that corner, secured by occy straps hooked into small loops screwed into the woodwork. Hasn’t moved once, even without non slip matting underneath.

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 pm

When we got the van it had single beds in it and I put in an east west double, this left some space between the bed end and the wardrobe, over the wheel arch so I built a small platform there and set the loo on it, made a small step to use the loo insitu, it remains covered till we need it overnight.
Frank
2012_04110033 (640×480).jpg
2012_04110034 (640×480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

J.REEVES

Post by J.REEVES » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:07 pm

I know that many of us would like the loo a bit higher but the more crouched you are the easier it is for the bowls to work.

The Asians have been doing it the right way all along.

JR
:razz:

Return to “Free-Camping Equipment”