View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Toilets 

Post Toilets
Hi Everyone,

I have searched and cannot find the information I am after, so please redirect me if this post is a repeat.

My caravan does not have a toilet and I do not want to plumb one in. I would like to get a portable toilet for travelling and free camping.

What types are there? and what is good or bad about each type in your opinion.

I know nothing about these portable types so really need to form an opinion based on other more experienced peoples knowledge.

Can anyone help me with some info.

Cheers
Muzz

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Post Re: Toilets
Hi Muzz,

ALDI have a portable toilet that would suit your needs at the cheapest price of all. I think that they are currently in stock – so hurry.

Cheers CHONGA

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:14 pm

BCF 10L one on special this week as well…$69

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Deals Direct have 10 litre and 20 litre models, quite cheap on special from time to time. No idea about quality. http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/20l-por … ng-toilet/

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:48 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Wow, this forum is great! :D

Do you have any comments on what type suits you and what doesn’t.

I can only imagine that a small one (holding tank) requires a lot more emptying. Have also seen where some have a bellows flush and others a piston type handle like your sink. Is there pros and cons with either of these?

Cheers
Muzz

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Muzz, I won’t enter into the pro’s and con’s as I am not an expert………. we have used a "Fiamma Bi-Pot 39" porta pottie during the last 2 years of travel. We have no complaint with this unit.

http://www.fiamma.it/products/QMP.asp?Fam=P06

On advice we have been using "Odour-B-Gone" tablets in the holding tank. The tablets proved to be more then satisfactory because we don’t have to carry a liquid…. easy to use…. and we have had no odour problem from the holding tank.

http://www.odourbgone.com.au/

You will find plenty of previous discussion/advice on the forum regards the use of Nappy-San as an alternate chemical for portable toilet use.

Cheers

Grumps

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:20 pm

While not getting into brands Muzz, i have an article about toilets on my website (in signature line). See Popular Articles.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:35 am
Profile WWW

Just note that bigger capacity toilets not only mean less emptying but they are more comfortable as the seat is higher from the ground.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:06 am
Profile WWW

BrettAltea – Hey that is a great point about the height. Colette and I both have issues with either the back or Hips and as we get older we all know how it gets harder to get up and down.

Motherhen – Great site and wonderful information.

Grumps – Thanks for the URL to one of the brands and the tip on the Odour tablets.

The people on this forum are absolutely wonderful…sharing tidbits of information like you have done just makes me that little bit more informed to make a decision that I can live with. We all know what it is like to talk to sales people and what they will tell you about their product.

I did read various topics on nappy san and the different recipes that people use. Have taken a note for future reference.

Thank you – you are wonderful people. :D

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:06 am

Just an observation regarding cassette toilets.
Some have a spout for emptying, and some do not.
If you are the one doing the emptying, the spout is a big plus.

2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next