do these vin plate numbers suit pajero

Garry

Re: do these vin plate numbers suit pajero

Post by Garry » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:13 pm

NT Pajero 3.2 auto (2010) which I believe is the same tow rating as NX 3.2 auto is 2500kg with 250 kg ball weight or 3000kg with 160kg ball weight. Tow in 4th gear in all wheel drive as recommended by Mitsubishi. Our tow vehicle is a 2010 NT 3.2 auto.
Garry

runabout rick

Post by runabout rick » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:28 am

Sorry about the delay in reply ( heart issues), and thanks to all for opinions and especially gerry for picture. I think i’ve been dudded by the retailer, who knew i had a pajero, and they in fact advertise to pajero owners. I should have known that any tandem with all the goodies would come up to the 2 1/2 tonne mark fairly easily. So i am as big a mug as he is a turd.

Thanks
Rick

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:03 pm

runabout rick wrote:Sorry about the delay in reply ( heart issues), and thanks to all for opinions and especially gerry for picture. I think i’ve been dudded by the retailer, who knew i had a pajero, and they in fact advertise to pajero owners. I should have known that any tandem with all the goodies would come up to the 2 1/2 tonne mark fairly easily. So i am as big a mug as he is a turd.

Thanks
Rick
Don’t feel bad Rick,
I wasn’t aware of the “Standard Payload” that they provide when I bought a new van and no one suggested that I could increase it either. This was further exasperated buy the tare being understated by about 100 Kg under my calculation with weigh bridge dockets. So now I am going through the process of increasing my weights.

While I was at the dealer the other day getting my Anderson Plug wiring replaced with something decent, a Pajero owner arrived.

He was there to take delivery of his new van and must have been in the know, because the VIN Plate was the first thing that he looked at. He told the salesman that they were aware that he had a Pajero with a towing capacity of 2500kg and he wanted the VIN Plate changed to reflect an ATM of 2500Kg.

Fortunately the van people were awaiting service at Queensland Transport, so a phone call could get the weights on the documents changed before registration.

On the side, I advised him to drain his tanks and 2 empty gas cylinders and weigh it before he does anything else to confirm the TARE.

Like yours the Tare was about 2140 KG so he retained 360Kg payload, if, and from my experience, it’s a big if, the TARE is correct.

His kids aren’t into camping, so a genuine 360 payload may well suit his particular purpose.

Regards
Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

runabout rick

Post by runabout rick » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Thanks for that gerry, maybe i’ll have to get a ute to be legal but i do like the 4wd high capability on the highway as well i prefer the greater mass of the pajero, with car/ van weights being about equal. Really its a top van/ tug combination, there just the four of us, me, dexter, redarc and the navigator. but i’m on the edge i just know it . Now if i were a rich man i’d have a cruiser, no worries. No make that a Ram or silverado or tundra or somethin big.
Rick

Return to “Weights & Measures”