Mesh flooring slippery

Looking for information on certain Products? Here is the place!
Old Techo

Mesh flooring slippery

Post by Old Techo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Mrs OT wanted some of this mesh flooring and it arrived today... https://www.emgstore.com.au/daily-deals ... 927806aa80

So she opened the box and spread the mesh out on the carpet in the house. Next she walked about on it with thongs and found it extremely slippery. I tried it with my rubber working boots and it was slippery. So we both think it is almost dangerous, like walking on ice.

I know the use of mesh flooring has been discussed here before. Has anyone had any issues with a lack of grip? Has anyone bought the EMG product and had any concerns?
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo

Re: Mesh flooring slippery

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

I thought it looked ok till I brought up the pattern in detail. It does look slippery then.
It looks as though it is made from a weave of large size fishing line , and that would be slippery alright.
Almost like wiper sniper line.

We had a front door mat of similar stuff years ago and had to get rid of it. I think we used it as a bottom layer for the dogs bed in the laundry. :)

I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

PeterD

Post by PeterD » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:41 pm

It looks similar to some of the shade cloth materials. These are slippery until they get a bit of fine sand/soil ground into them and then they are OK. If you can't return it then I suggest you run it in at a sandy site. Sweep a few hands full of sand over it, next day up end it and give it the same treatment. Do this for a week or two and it should loose it slipperiness. After all it's no good throwing $45 away.

For the others wishing to dodge that model and wishing to purchase a mat, CaravansPlus have a good range. The rubber matting tends to be the heaviest and no better than the others. I have heard some say the CGear Matting is a bit slippery when new but does not last that way long. I have used an earlier version of the Camec Mesh Matting for around 15 years and have never found it slippery. It is also cheaper than the others but twice the price of the one the OP purchased.
PeterD
Retired radio & electronics technician -
Nissan Navara D40 diesel auto (pensioners pack) towing a Spaceland pop-top

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm

We bought our CGear floor matting earlier this year and have not found it slippery...even when new.
Live For Today

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi OT, perhaps use it as a wind break???

In the October issue of The Mag there is a mat compare.
camp mat.jpg
Not sure if they included their own?

Your weave looks similar to Go Mat?

Perhaps not. it's $185.00
camp mat_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:26 pm

That is C&M No. 236 OT
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Thanks peoples for various snippets :D

PD, I won't throw it away. If not fit for purpose I'll send it back, as I did with their dashcam.

MP, I have Mag 236 (and 237, 238, 239) but not yet read any of them.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi OT,
I have not used the mesh flooring you talk about. But I have been using shade cloth. I found the shade cloth very slippery when new. After a bit of use the shine wore of and the was mat no longer slippery. Hope the same might apply to your mesh.
Sid
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

Smokeydk

Post by Smokeydk » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:55 pm

We been using this matting.....havent slipped on it yet

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just get out there and enjoy

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com.au/

hank

Post by hank » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:51 am

I have the same as smokeydk, we found it in the boot of our last van which we bought in 2003, it has since been replaced but we still have the mat, no slipping on that material and feels nice to walk on with bare feet. I must say we dont use it everytime but it has had a fair amount of use. Dont know the brand name.

Hank

Return to “Product Info sought”