Air Fryer

A place to share ideas, recipes, techniques and all things cooking; whether it be at the stove or round the BBQ.
Stuartandjan
Been here for a while

Re: Air Fryer

Post by Stuartandjan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Bought a Bellini one from Target almost 3 years ago for $99 and it is still going strong. Bought an Aldi one when they were on special fo $79 and it is excellent as well. We use them almost every day for cooking steak fish and virtually anything that needs heating up.

muzz_on_line
An old hand

Post by muzz_on_line » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks for the reply StuartandJan, :D

I have seen the Aldi unit but they were out of them when I went to have a good look at them.

I was going to ask how big are they, but I can look that up myself. :oops:

So on another note, how does everyone find them for ease of use and cleaning up after use? Compared to the utensils used in the conventional methods of cooking.

We are interested in them to try to cut down on the oils and fats used whilst cooking some of the simpler things like
crumbed prawns, prawn toast, scallops, fish or potato cakes, gems, spring rolls etc.. I think from that list you get the idea of what we are trying to cook.

Rather than semi deep fry these things, we certainly would like a healthier way to cook them.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Regards

Muzz

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:18 pm

Does anyone know the difference between an air fryer and a turbo oven?

Don’t they both just blow hot air around?
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Stuartandjan
Been here for a while

Post by Stuartandjan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Air Fryers have a basket in which you put the food OT. They are really easy to clean while the non stick coating is good, but as no non stick lasts forever I will not spend too much on them.

Return to “Cook’s Corner”