Hamburgers

A place to share ideas, recipes, techniques and all things cooking; whether it be at the stove or round the BBQ.
Mally
Cracked the big time

Hamburgers

Post by Mally » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:39 am

Using one of those black non stick cooking mats on the park BBQ cooked hamburgers so easy. Onions, patty, eggs and pineapple cooked in minutes no oil needed, wiped off the mat with paper towel and all finished. Easy peazy. Also cooks fish simply and no sticking.
Jayco Discovery Poptop 2012
Towed by VF Holden Calais

BennyT50
An old hand

Re: Hamburgers

Post by BennyT50 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:58 am

I’m with you Mally, but the Boss likes to see the grill marks on her steak, so had to remove it.

On another note, when I used it on the weber, I cut it to fit exactly, but guess what, it put the flame out. Had to cut it a few inches short of the sides, so that air could get to the burners.

BennyT50
2009 Mazda BT50 SDX – Jayco Eagle Outback.
BennyT50

Brian
Avid poster

Post by Brian » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:23 pm

I find the black sheets are also handy when cooking kebabs or steaks with a lot of marinade on them, stops the juice from burning and going black and sticky on the bbq plate.
Pajero NP Diesel Auto. Roadstar Limited Edition. Mackay. Nth Qld.

K&FT
Avid poster

Post by K&FT » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Brian wrote:I find the black sheets are also handy when cooking kebabs or steaks with a lot of marinade on them, stops the juice from burning and going black and sticky on the bbq plate.
now there is a damn fine idea

thanks mate

frank
Avagoodday
Kath & Frank

30+ years maintaining Electrical/Security/Duress/Voice/Data systems in Public hospitals. retired to go caravanning for much of the year.

Return to “Cook’s Corner”