The Hark smoker

A place to share ideas, recipes, techniques and all things cooking; whether it be at the stove or round the BBQ.
dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: The Hark smoker

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Final pics of finished product to come…. :D

I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 pm

And here is the tucker, 3hs later nice and browned up, sort of like grand kids gingerbread….
Aldi were selling these smokers under a different name last week for just $200-00 but with only 3 racks Very good value.

I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:39 pm

As it turns out, tomorrow I am making a batch of chicken marinated over night in an Indian tandoori mix.

I will make a pic of it .
1929 Pop Top

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:11 am

That is a gold mine of very handy info for those interested in smoking stuff Paul !

Very kind of you to share your knowledge…thanks.

Cheers
Rob
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:51 am

Thanks Rob, no problem :)

This is called a Hark Smoker at many outlets; But it is a Chinese thing and If you buy a 100 you can have it stamped with whatever name you like.

If you keep an eye out for Aldi, they put it on special around twice a year for Around $200-00. It has only 3 shelves but pretty much identical and is exactly the same unit as far as I can tell. Mine is over 5 years old gets used a fair bit and works very well. It cost around $300-00 .

It also makes a great Pizza……

I am using mine right now to do a small batch of Drumsticks, so will post later. :)
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:55 am

Ok I made a start with two different recipe’s.

The top tray is plain olive oil and pepper and salt. I add the salt by sitting all the chicken in a brine of salt water and vinegar for 6 hours.
You don’t have to do it like that, but I never trust chicken or pork as to handling or storage prior to me buying it.
The bottom trays have a Tandoori paste out of a jar easily available, it is pretty hot so the simple chicken is for the kids that won’t eat the hotter stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1929 Pop Top

Return to “Cook’s Corner”