Glow in the dark paint.

Have some Happy Hour stories you want to share?
We would love to hear your yarns about the good times you’ve had and the great people you’ve met along the road.

>>>> Share them here for the chance to have your yarn featured in an upcoming issue.!!! <<<<
Lance
Rising star

Re: Glow in the dark paint.

Post by Lance » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Guess who’d end up with the most paint on’em……… :lol:
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:57 am

When it first came out, a large bicycle company advertised it for their bicycles.

They didn’t catch apparently, dunno why, seems like a good idea. Maybe it was the colours that they came in.

( if you think its rude that I don’t supply the Page, its cos I cant find it)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

NEVILLE & TRISH
An old hand

Glow in the dark paint.

Post by NEVILLE & TRISH » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 pm

I finally decided not to go ahead with this paint which is called “GLO-X”. I couldn’t get any feed back anywhere even though Auto One had sold a few cans of it. I found the same stuff at BCF & they also had different shaped & sized markers. I bought a 600mm long hollow tube thinking if it worked I could cut it into short pieces & slide over my guy ropes. I sat it in the sun all day, took it inside but it was dead within 30 mins so next day took it back for a refund. I was told that they need some form of light on them through the night to keep them going which really defeats the purpose. :roll: :roll:
I originally got the idea a few weeks ago when I bought a new folding step from ALDI. I unpacked it & sat it on the back verandah & the stripes on the steps lit up as it got dark. They were still glowing at about 10pm when I went to bed. I was up at 5am & they were still going strong. ALDI must have better suppliers than the ones I tried.
Anyhow that’s it guys don’t waste your time & money. :lol: :lol:

Regards Neville…………………………..
2012 Ford Territory Titanium diesel AWD
2012 18′ Jayco Sterling pop top with shower / loo.

rredbeak
Major contributor

Post by rredbeak » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Neville
You can buy the striped REFLECTION tape just about anywhere but its NOT glo.. I use it [red reflection tape] on rear bar of van n top n both corners of van,on car I open doors n rear of opened door I use it there too,, so if stopped on side road its easily seen..

But that [as you say] WONT protect our feet etc…..

As For ROOS n glo,thatd save a few crashes,give the shooters something to do , n use paint guns [rifles ] in the war games.. Rod…

As for Glo,they sell it real cheap at hobby stores ,son says [His real hi tech answer] “these cheap ones wont last long” ROFL ,so every now n then just re hit them.theyre in bottles or spray paks for $3-$10. but its really cheap stuff…
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

diesel
Cracked the big time

Post by diesel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Neville, if the paint you used will not glow without a light source then it is most likely fluorescent and what you really need is a phosphorescent paint that will glow for many hours after the excitation process from natural or artificial light has occurred.

I use fluorescent paint on some of my fishing lures and the only way that I can see the glow effect is to use a UV torch. Fish, however, have more complex light receptors than humans and can see all wave lengths of the light spectrum.

So endeth Diesel’s science lesson for the day :rolleyes:

Jeff

jock
Rising star

Post by jock » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:14 am

diesel wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm
Neville, if the paint you used will not glow without a light source then it is most likely fluorescent and what you really need is a phosphorescent paint that will glow for many hours after the excitation process from natural or artificial light has occurred.

I use fluorescent paint on some of my fishing lures and the only way that I can see the glow effect is to use a UV torch. Fish, however, have more complex light receptors than humans and can see all wave lengths of the light spectrum.

So endeth Diesel’s science lesson for the day :rolleyes:

Jeff

Hmmmmmn !! sounds a bit fishy to me !!

Jock :roll: :rolleyes:

Return to “Happy Hour”