Funny happy hour story

Have some Happy Hour stories you want to share?
We would love to hear your yarns about the good times you’ve had and the great people you’ve met along the road.

>>>> Share them here for the chance to have your yarn featured in an upcoming issue.!!! <<<<
pauljp
Avid poster

Re: Funny happy hour story

Post by pauljp » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi All,
Does happy hour exist? :???:
BandB we are completly ignored at every park as well. We have two puppies; i need to remeber to bring them and would you like to borrow one? They do look cute!!!! :lol: :lol:
Paul

samoman67
Been here for a while

Post by samoman67 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 am

A lot of the time we find if you take the dog for a walk and then introduce yourselves you usually get a few invites. Or just invite yourself to “5 Oclock” as most people don’t mind if you park yer bum for a yarn and a brew.

Or just wander around with a drink in your hand looking lost, that works for me :lol:

Generally you will be welcome, it would be a low sort to not let you join in.

Dave

sid40
I’m new, be nice!

Post by sid40 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Gday! YUP you sure get some dumb ones but guess what if it matters what yourve got & travelling in then you are better off not meeting them :rolleyes: I have had the HONOUR of caravaning for over 30 years & then another 10 in a Wingiebago & I have met travelers with just a Camel ( WOW what an experience) to people in old jolopies & million dollar rigs & I have been so priveledged to meet some very down to earth people & made MANY enduring friendships that have truly ENRICHED my life so if you need to look from the rich side of the track to be included it is my experience you are so much better for not knowing them so JUST ENJOY & :lol: be crazy & ENJOY :) :D :lol:

Barry and Pam
Been here for a while

Post by Barry and Pam » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:59 pm

You know we mostly find people pretty friendly but we have come across some who dont want to know you and we respect that. Just say hello, if there isnt too much of a response we dont bother and leave them to it.
Have had some great happy hours and have met people who we have become friends with and keep in touch all the time.

We had a Roma pop top and Prado nothing fancy on our last trips now I am a bit worried as we have bought a larger more “elaborate” van and are about to do another trip next month.

Pam

Badger
Cracked the big time

Post by Badger » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Walk around with a small dog on the lead (as long as it’s not a yapper) – optional.
Have a beer or glass of wine in your hand – compulsory.
Say ‘Hi’ and if they reply, ask ‘Where ya from?’
Conversation just flows from there.

Another way is to open the hood of the tug and just leave it open. When someone happens by, they’ll ask what’s wrong. ‘Oh nothing, just forgot to close it. Where ya from?’

sid40
I’m new, be nice!

Post by sid40 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:44 am

YUP. just be HAPPY :lol: & enjoy this wonderful country & the NICE people which most are travel safe & LAUGH & then LAUGH some more by this time you are really in HAPPY HOUR :D

Return to “Happy Hour”