Posting pics test

For Q&A’s about the website structure and performance
Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Posting pics test

Post by Old Techo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:45 pm

G’day Engel and others.

I made the comment elsewhere that the ‘place inline’ feature was not working. I have done some more testing and I’m partly right but mostly wrong.

It will work as demonstrated below. Here I have only uploaded two images/pics. The pics are just a screen grab of some text on my screen but saved as jpeg files = pics.

So to repeat, I have only 2 pics but by using the ‘place inline’ feature I can make either image appear wherever I want and as often as I want.

The reason I said earlier that it won’t work is because I have now found it will not work if font enhancements are applied to the entire post. By that I mean use of colour or bold, underline, etc. To avoid affecting ‘place inline’ any font enhancements must not ecompass the ‘place inline’ command. Such enhancements must be applied individually to each text line, as I have now done.

Image one below here…

IMAGE ONE.jpg

image two below here

IMAGE TWO.jpg

image one below here

IMAGE ONE.jpg

image two below here

IMAGE TWO.jpg

image two again below here
IMAGE TWO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Re: Posting pics test

Post by Old Techo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Re my previous post, when you are composing said post with the use of ‘post inline’ it will look like this in your composition box before posting….

place inline.jpg

Blown up for clarity…
place inline 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Engel
Cracked the big time

Re: Posting pics test

Post by Engel » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Ok I was familiar with another forum that is using phpbb forum software and in line is in line across the page.

The way pics are set up here is poor and can do with a rethink by using thumbnails as the current setup with multiple pics certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

Return to “Website Matters”