Forum upgrade 24 Oct 2017 issues. Last updated 20 Dec.

For Q&A’s about the website structure and performance
nimdA
Global Moderator

Post by nimdA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi members. As you can see the forum upgrade has been implemented today and as IT explained to me there will be some teething issues with a major update like this one.

I am reporting issues to IT as I come across them. I will list the broader user issues here of which some may affect you. It will be helpful if members would report any issues not listed below and include your browser in use as it may vary.

Please post any new issues (not listed below) into this thread: http://www.candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic … 72#p203172

Current identified issues with the upgraded forum:

(1) advertising is covering some forum screens preventing some information from being seen.

(2) members cannot access their username pulldown/dropdown at the very top right hand corner of the screen.

(3) some member avatars are missing.

(4) some/all posts between October 17 and today seem to be missing.

(5) when displaying a topic the “display and sorting” tab at the bottom left of screen cannot be accessed.

(6) the FAQ link (next to Quick links) goes to a “page not found” error.

(7) the “report this post” facility goes to a “page not found” error similar to (6)

This dedicated thread is for advice only and LOCKED
Clancy (Global Moderator)

nimdA
Global Moderator

Forum upgrade 24 Oct 2017 issues. Last updated 30 Oct.

Post by nimdA » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi members. This is a brief end of week update. I wish to thank all members who helped by reporting issues they became aware of. It is only with this help we can address the issues and have the forum running like the proverbial well oiled machine.

IT have been rather stretched with other operations but made some progress on the listed issues. If anyone finds any issue not listed below please report it and include your browser type by posting here: viewtopic.php?p=203172#p203172

I should add that IT have been occupied attending to admin and moderator function issues not listed below and these have consumed time.

(1) advertising is covering some forum screens preventing some information from being seen.

Action: IT are still working on this as urgent.

(2) members cannot access their username pulldown/dropdown at the very top right hand corner of the screen.

Action: IT are still working on this.

Action: IT have partial success with a number of avatars now appearing but are browser dependent and still working on this.

(4) some/all posts between October 17 and 24 seem to be missing.

Action: IT hope to achieve resolution over this weekend. Monday: Work was completed over the weekend but not yet pushed live.

(5) when displaying a topic the “display and sorting” tab at the bottom left of screen cannot be accessed.

Action: IT are still working on this and it is similar to (2).

Action: Fixed

(7) the “report this post” facility goes to a “page not found” error similar to (6)

(8) in notifications/settings there are 2 options columns. Notifications boxes can be selected but not all of Email boxes.

Action:

nimdA
Global Moderator

Re: Forum upgrade 24 Oct 2017 issues. Last updated 10 Nov.

Post by nimdA » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi members. This is a brief end of week update. I wish to thank all members who helped by reporting issues they became aware of.

IT have still been stretched with work both here and on the 4WD Action website but they have made some progress on the listed issues.

Action: IT have removed the offending advertising for the moment but not indicated future intentions.

Action: Fixed.

Action: IT believe it is fixed however if any member cannot see their own avatar please send me a PM.

(4) some/all posts between October 17 and today seem to be missing.

Action: Still outstanding.

Action: Fixed.

(8) in notifications/settings there are 2 options columns. Notifications boxes can be selected but not all of Email boxes.

nimdA
Global Moderator

Re: Forum upgrade 24 Oct 2017 issues. Last updated 1 Dec.

Post by nimdA » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi Members. Another update for you but I will limit issues to the outstanding ones.

1) some/all posts between October 17 and October 24 seem to be missing.

Archer63 thank you for the LIKE button suggestion. Unfortunately even the latest phpBB (Bulletin Board) that we now have installed does not include a LIKE button.

A new feature. A number of members will be pleased to know that today I have been testing a Delete Post button. It has always existed as a feature but it was difficult to find where to activate it. Unfortunately it is not a global feature that can be turned on or off in a single action. It needs be applied at an individual sub-forum level. I think I have achieved this everywhere so next time you post a new item you should be offered the delete button next to the edit button. The delete looks like an x in a circle.

Please be aware that the delete feature has a 5 minute timer so you have only that much time to decide to delete your post. After that time the delete button disappears. This is to prevent the deletion of old posts. The most common need for deletion seems to be duplicate posting. When deleting a reason is requested for Moderator benefit.

If any member still has what they consider to be a forum fault please send me a Private Message.

Cheers

This thread is locked.

nimdA
Global Moderator

Post by nimdA » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 am

Hi members. Another update. You have reported the issue of not receiving an email when certain things occur on the forum. For example when you receive a private message or when another member has replied to your post. There are other instances of when you should be getting an email alert but apparently they are not all working. I have passed this to IT but they tell me nothing will be done until the new year as they are flat out trying to tidy up loose ends before the holiday break.

The remaining known issues are:

1) some/all posts between October 17 and October 24 seem to be missing.

2) emails are not being received as a member alert to forum events

If any member still has what they consider to be a forum fault please send me a Private Message.

I spent a bit of spare time looking at how to make rankings work. According to those I have asked rankings have never worked here. I seem to have success today and if you look at Members in the Quick links you should see examples. The rank names I have used were ideas from some of the office staff. If any member has a rank suggestion or a complaint please send me a PM. The rank names can be just a bit of fun or an indicator of actual effort.

I hope the post delete feature that was recently added has been of use.

Cheers

This thread is locked

Return to “Website Matters”