Poor man’s prescription sunnies

Share your inventions, innovations & ideas – words are good but images are GREAT!
Jeffie
An old hand

Re: Poor man’s prescription sunnies

Post by Jeffie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:03 pm

O.T. & others.
Go to your optom’ store and ask to see Fitovers.
They cost about $50.00 and as the name suggests they fit over your normal glasses.
Been using them for several years.
I find them very useful when driving as my normal glasses go dark in the sun but not when driving.

Jeff.
Jeff & Heather
Isuzu MU-X LST
Coronet Grand Prince.

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Thanks Jeff, but I was aware of fitovers.

They seem like a good idea but what would niggle me is having to remove, find a spot to rest them and then replace 2 pairs of glasses when I quickly wanted to swap to reading glasses. I would sometimes do this at traffic lights to check or change the sat nav but needed to be ready to go on green so may swap back by feel. Double glasses, double trouble.

Also I didn’t like the thought of 2 sets of glasses arms hooked over my ears.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:20 am

Thumbs up from me OT.
I got the same sort of comments on trying to help with tightening a gas bottle…. :)
Not too sure about the Occupational health and safety act police on self medicating for the eyes though.

What I like about this idea is that you can choose the level of tint in the polaroids.
I was talked into a set of self darkening glasses and in the car as they don’t get sun on them they are useless.

I went with their prescribed darkened lens’s and they were of limited availability of strength of tint. So in mild sun; too dark.
With OT’s idea you can use your favorite tint Polaroids and achieve the correct result for your self.

My wife has a set of clip overs and we all know how the look. You can even flip them up if you like for the ultimate look of the jet setter….. :) But she can’t wear them for long as all the crap that make “em work is just too heavy.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Shaggy Dog
An old hand

Post by Shaggy Dog » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:44 am

OT,
You cannot beat a good dog beside you and a white stick.
One bark go.
Two barks slow.
Three barks left.
Four barks right.
And so on.
If the dog starts yelping and humping your head go for the brakes real hard and prepare for air bag deployment.
The white stick is to belt the crap out of the dog if he cocks up.
Take it easy.
SD :D
Let’s do a three sixty and get out of here !

South East Coast Westoz

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 am

Some times there is method in the madness.

This blind bloke almost got hit by a car due to his guide dog not seeing it. I thought what’s he doing??

The blind bloke was giving a bikky to the dog!!!!

I went up and said “Mate I saw that dog nearly get you killed and you are feeding him a bikky?”

He said “Year I am trying to find which end is his arse so I can kick it”…. :lol:
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “PICS – unsung inventions & ideas”