TV bed speakers

Share your inventions, innovations & ideas - words are good but images are GREAT!
Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

TV bed speakers

Post by Old Techo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Originally I bought these speakers to use for pink noise generation in noisy van parks. For quite some time I've had an issue with the TV sound as it sits a fair distance away on the fridge and its speakers are on the back so it needs to be loud to hear it in bed. Also like all modern TVs the sound is lousy.

Today I finished my modifications. These powered speakers were designed for PC sound enhancement. They were about $16 for a pair. I built a pink noise generator on a small bit of printed circuit board and imbedded it in one speaker. To enable the TV sound to be connected I fitted a small stereo socket and a selection switch.

The TV has a headphone output socket that switches off its speakers. I connect that via a standard 3.5 mm audio cable to the now modified speaker. Using the switch I can select between pink noise or TV audio. Also I bought another pair of speakers for Mrs OT. As they are stereo they can be placed as a close pair around one's head on the shelf behind the pillows.

With the speakers only a foot away from one's head the TV sound level can be kept much lower so no risk to close neighbours and also adjusted individually for him and her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: TV bed speakers

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Great idea OT, personalised listening..... :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Brian
Avid poster

Post by Brian » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Can you tell me what a pink noise generator is please.
Pajero NP Diesel Auto. Roadstar Limited Edition. Mackay. Nth Qld.

hank
Cracked the big time

Post by hank » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:25 am

Great idea O/T, might look at that myself as our TV has poor quality speakers also.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2010 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:02 am

Brian wrote:Can you tell me what a pink noise generator is please.
Here Brian... http://candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php ... 44#p172844
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Return to “PICS - unsung inventions & ideas”