RV Profile Feedback

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: RV Profile Feedback

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 am

Bussy wrote:Thank god for this thread. You have just pressed my button!

I agree with OT, JR and others and in the past I had almost convinced CLYDE to be more technical and in fact last year he agreed to make the Caravan and Motor home mag a technical “bible” for van buyers both big and small. In fact I won a price from CLYDE for putting up some of these same suggestions now being cried out by others. He sent me a swag full of stuff which was gratefully accepted and it included a ball weight device which he was using at the time to write an article about weighing your van. Although he promised to send it to me later I never saw it (so it must have been a good bit of gear) and is still in his kit.
My suggestion was for the mag to have a template that is applied to all vans being reviewed and if the manufacturer or dealer did not have the specs to fill the empty boxes they should before it gets in the mag. This template should

Then you can pop in some photos and some of the usually “it very roomy for its small size” sales stuff.

Cheers
ALLAN
Snipped

ALLAN,
What a good idea; But He definitely would have put that one into the too hard basket. One can only imagine the Hue ahd cry from manufactures having to be that hone,,, Candi,,,,truthf,,,,,,,er upfront.

I bought an Avan in lieu of a Jayco because the Jayco salesman wouldn't give me the correct height details of the chosen van. I made them come out with me and measure it and he did one side. I said can we please do the other side as well as the Jayco was standing on a steep grade sideways. He said he didn't have time for this and walked away.
My steps went in the opposite direction.

Your poor result with Clyde, reflects mine with the sister 4 Wd Mag.
Can you remember getting a request from Bianca 16 November 2010 asking for good publishing info?
It may have been sent selectively. Any way I have the Emails that they were interested in some of my out back trips and they would send a crew out to take pics in 2011. That was 6 months ago and Its April now and no result. I guess they have until Dec 31st. Up to now not a word :lol:

Great job on the van you are building, that would make a great article on its own.
I would buy any mag just to see a complete story of the assembly from woe to go.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

rainy
Cracked the big time

Post by rainy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:03 pm

interesting dieseltojo I also had emails from someone named Bianca too
1991 80series landcruiser 4.2 diesel
18'6 paramount classic caravan

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Rainy,
This was the heading and is the sister publication. I am sure it would have been a general request for good copy. But then they don't have the decency to keep in touch on the matter.

Bianca Young
Journalist

Australian 4WD Action
Email:[email protected]
Ph: 0416 981 839
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

dinstarr
Confident

Post by dinstarr » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi Simon.
Like Old Techo I too would like to see the internal and external heights (including roof mounted airconditioners) of the caravans reviewed. The majority of us do not have aircraft hangers to store our vans. Most carports are less that three metres high. Some of the larger vans are exceeding that height.

I am lead to believe that the standard caravan measurement is internal front to back. I give the internal measurement to the caravan parks when booking in. They seem to accept the internal measurement without question.

I enjoy the DVDs, particulary the boo boos in the outtake sequences. Should be more. However, the latter DVDs seem to have an excessive amount of advertisements and less factual content, which I find disappointing.

That said, keep the information flowing.

Regards Brian

rainy
Cracked the big time

Post by rainy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:22 pm

yep the same dieseltojo, mine was for a caravanning hint with photos also the new van with people around the van (didnt have any of those pics)
I never got round to doing it as wasnt sure about it all
1991 80series landcruiser 4.2 diesel
18'6 paramount classic caravan

jimoctec
I'm new, be nice!

Post by jimoctec » Tue May 17, 2011 5:21 pm

A lot of really good comments here, especially using a reporting format that includes main external dimensions. However, I particularly want to take up the issue that Nev raised in the initial post. Not everyone is a permanent travelling grey nomad, and not everyone wants or needs the large van reviews. I am struggling to remember the last time I saw a pop-top review and I've been a subscriber since Issue 112.

How about broadening the range of vans you include in the RV Profile section?

Jim

Return to “RV Profiles”