Magazine contact?

Tell us your thoughts on the C&M magazine
rocket
I’m new, be nice!

Magazine contact?

Post by rocket » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 am

Good luck trying to contact emg store. I have been trying 1800 801 647 and the website for more than weeks to extend my subscription without success. Their phone message is “we are busy” or “it is a public holiday and we are not available”. The emg website comes up with an error when you try to contact them. Things were fine until emg became involved.
Yours.
Member no. 430055.

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: Magazine contact?

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi rocket.
Don’t worry about it. :)

Even if you get noticed it will be too late or in the wrong dept.

I tried for weeks to not have renewals sent out when I had 18 months left on the sub. Finished up I stopped subscribing.

They have lists. Them lists are computerized. End of story. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Jazmin
Ex-staff

Post by Jazmin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi Rocket,

Could you please send through these details to me in a personal message? I’m not part of the customer service team and can’t look into the systems for you (unfortunately), but I’m more than happy to pass this on to the customer service manager so you can skip waiting on the phone (I know how awful waiting is on the best of days!).

Name the subscription is under:
Contact #:
Email:
Member # (it’s on the slip of paper, which comes on the front of the mag, above your name):
Address:

Hope this helps you out,

Jazmin
C&M Features Writer and Social Media Manager
Journalist & Digital Coordinator
Caravan and Motorhome on Tour

Browny_r33
Been here for a while

Post by Browny_r33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Jazmin

Agree total waste of time trying to contact then ,received a flyer in my last mag for a special deal of 3 choices. Went to web site to renew and they aren’t even on the site, similar but not the same deal.
Tried ringing and no answer sent email no answer looks like I forget the Mag after many years of subscription.
Cheers
Norm & Jan

Blu-Taz
I’m new, be nice!

Post by Blu-Taz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 pm

We have been doing the same, we renewed via website, but instead of attaching it to the current member number they made a complete new one.
We had to give a physical address for the bonus that came out, despite living in the van and only having postal address.
We have been sending repeated emails and calling with no such luck on fixing the address,
Now we just want to cancel the subsciption but cant get through!

Was on hold this morning, then got told to call back during business hours (umm not sure on what their business hours are but I figure 10am QLD fits that :roll: ) and then it hangs up

Very frustrating to keep telling the caravan park where we WERE staying to just bin the magazine or forward it on, but its not their problem and they shouldn’t have the bother of it.

Steve

joe2006
An old hand

Post by joe2006 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:49 am

I have rung Express Media Group time and time again without success and have also sent an email to which I have had no response.

Months ago I received my bonus Polaris rear view camera kit within days of ordering however received the first of my 15 issue magazine subscription in December.

The camera kit was sent to the correct postal address however the magazine was sent to a defunct postal address and it was very fortunate that somebody was kind enough or had enough nous to pass the magazine on.

I’m not sure how the address for the magazines could possibly have defaulted to the old address but I have no way of contacting EMG to have the matter rectified.
Cheers Joe

2009 Evernew E900 & white car

It’s run in- A moment in the indeterminate future or past represented by a nanosecond of peak efficiency immediately succeeding the running in period and immediately preceding the running out period

Jazmin
Ex-staff

Post by Jazmin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:10 am

Hey guys,

If anyone has any problems with the subscriptions, feel free to inbox me using the info posted above. As mentioned, I am not part of the customer service team and I am not able to look into the systems for you. I am happy to help pass the information on to the correct people. This will help get a team member in contact with you.

joe2006
An old hand

Post by joe2006 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks very much for your assistance Jazmin.

I received a call from EMG today and the matter has been sorted. Although it had not previously been possible to make contact re my subscription, it is with much embarrassment that during the call today, it became apparent that I had mixed up my magazines and opened up a packet from a much earlier subscription :oops: :oops: That accounts for the old postal address.

The current subscription is in fact being sent to the correct postal address.

Well I will crawl with shame, back into my box now.
Cheers Joe

2009 Evernew E900 & white car

It’s run in- A moment in the indeterminate future or past represented by a nanosecond of peak efficiency immediately succeeding the running in period and immediately preceding the running out period

Jazmin
Ex-staff

Post by Jazmin » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi Joe,

Really glad that’s been sorted for you so quickly. It’s fine, we all make mistakes and I’m sure the team were happy to help out.

Have a great day :razz:

Gerry M
Cracked the big time

Post by Gerry M » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:01 pm

joe2006 wrote:Thanks very much for your assistance Jazmin.

I received a call from EMG today and the matter has been sorted. Although it had not previously been possible to make contact re my subscription, it is with much embarrassment that during the call today, it became apparent that I had mixed up my magazines and opened up a packet from a much earlier subscription :oops: :oops: That accounts for the old postal address.

The current subscription is in fact being sent to the correct postal address.

Well I will crawl with shame, back into my box now.

Hi Joe,
I think “Humble Pie” is one of those Vegan things.

Try to avoid it myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good on you for fessing up to a mistake.

Does say something about the mag, if you can’t tell the old mags from the latest ones though. :D

Regards
Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Return to “Your Say”