Farewell EMG

Tell us your thoughts on the C&M magazine
TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

Re: Farewell EMG

Post by TramcarTrev » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:28 pm

dieseltojo wrote:C’mon TT the cover at least has the bloke in different shirt colours….

I know what you mean, I reckon they are trying to get two issues from the same picture take.
It’s not easy editing and some times repetition is a hazard. I have spoken with a few blokes in the trade and some time it can be a tough job…. :)
Almost as tough as not boring the lurkers on the forum???
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Don’t really like kicking someone or something that is down….or on the way down…but :rolleyes:

Even the mag website seems to have become very quiet…..boring even.
Used to be regular posts with new gear etc….now nothing ?
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

hank
Cracked the big time

Post by hank » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:00 am

Its about time they gave Fred a new van, I am sick of reading how good the Patriot is. I see he has now got a Jeep, not raving too much about it this time. Probably still thinking how good the MUX was. It was also the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2010 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

Plumbum
On a roll

Post by Plumbum » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:10 am

hank wrote:Its about time they gave Fred a new van, I am sick of reading how good the Patriot is. I see he has now got a Jeep, not raving too much about it this time. Probably still thinking how good the MUX was. It was also the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hank
A while back they had an article titled something along the lines of, Inside Freds Van.

looked like he never uses it. The hand shower was still zip tied to its bracket and the inside was in showroom condition.

From memory there wasn’t even any props to make it look lived in. :D

No expert on Jeep Models, but I thought that it may have been an article that was Pre MU X.

hank
Cracked the big time

Post by hank » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Could well be old articles, but the jeep has been present in the last few issues.

Hank

Sailor Staines
Getting the hang of it

Post by Sailor Staines » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:32 pm

I buy the other mag and sometimes it repeats itself too.

Smokeydk
An old hand

Post by Smokeydk » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm

getting the mag subscription updated…..would be a bonus let alone things ordered from their emails…no use ringing them….OHHHH sorry thats on another thread :evil:
Just get out there and enjoy

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com.au/

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:54 pm

I purchased a run of them a few years ago. Often they had Free Camps plastered across the cover, and on reading, most were not free of charge. Some were closed and day area only. I did not purchase to find free camps – I use other sources, or find our own. I really only purchased them as I had ambitions to write travel articles for them. That did not eventuate mainly because our photos were of places, not of groups of people under an annex with glasses in hand and the view behind them which they wanted. Anything I had in print were small freebie contributions, within other articles, or photos used to supplement an article (although not really the photos they wanted – as above) but not enough to meet the minimum for payment. Paper magazines are an outdated media and apart from these I have not purchased any magazines for many years.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

Post by TramcarTrev » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:57 am

MH yes your photos have to have the mandatory male standing snag in tongs at an unlit BBQ, group of idlers glass of wine or stubby of beer in hands sitting in chairs, awning deployed, Generator in foreground, fire with camp oven (empty) hanging over it, Bicycle leaning against van, essential impedimenta displayed carefully but ensure the scene is ruined by not putting the legs of the van down and a caption “Joyce and Brian free camping at Wye River”

Currently I’m in negotiations to write some stories about Australia and they want experiences and photos of places not posed photos without me in every shot – this is for overseas consumption I will get paid a pittance but I’m not doing it for money

Then I was involved in a dispute a few years back now where a forum owner decided she would simply extract posts and photos from the forum and publish them in a book claiming that as the material was on her forum she owned copyright It was unfortunate for her that another of the forum members was a barrister who sorted her out but not before she published the book
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:13 pm

TramcarTrev wrote: – – –
Then I was involved in a dispute a few years back now where a forum owner decided she would simply extract posts and photos from the forum and publish them in a book claiming that as the material was on her forum she owned copyright It was unfortunate for her that another of the forum members was a barrister who sorted her out but not before she published the book
:twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Very pleased to hear she was caught out. I hope adequate justice was served and compensation paid. Copyright and theft off the internet is one thing that gets me going on a hobby horse of mine, and this one is a galloping charger.

I have had photos taken from CF as well as my website travelogues, and found other members photos that I recognised there too from CF or their travel websites. So easy for someone to sit at home and graze the internet for photos and travel information, claiming they are first hand reports of their travels to thousands and thousands of places as they build a website. Most of us would never know our photos had been taken. At best, after contacting the thieves, the photos get removed, but no compensation paid. If you ever look in across the way, a number of us on CF now have copyright or ownership of our photos and text in our signatures or under photos. The use of Facebook makes it even easier to steal, although that is breaching Facebook copyright as well as that of the originator.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “Your Say”