Post by Archer63 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:17 pm

At least we know our posts have been read :lol:
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

gregnsue
Avid poster

Re: Poor Customer Service

Post by gregnsue » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:28 pm

I had lunch with a friend today and the topic of travelling came up and what magazines we subscribed too.

When I mentioned C&M he hit the roof!! Apparently has received 5 magazines since he subscribed but he only subscribed to get the heads up Polaris display unit. He has not yet received this! BEEN WAITING ABOUT 5 MONTHS FOR IT! He told me that despite numerous phone calls he cannot get through “We are experiencing heavier than normal calls please leave as number and we will return your call” No one has ever called him back and no responses to his emails. His next stop is Fair Trading.

While cleaning up the study on the weekend I found an email from C&M quoting an order number and a membership number and saying I had paid $79 for 20 issues of the mag.

I note that since I first posted about matter there have been a number of similar issues by forum members.

I’ll be contacting Pay Pal and asking for a refund and hopefully Rhys will get his Polaris unit soon. He has already been asked to renew his subscription (due next February) but he said there is no way he will ever deal with this company again

Safe Travels
gregnsue

gwb
I’m new, be nice!

Post by gwb » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:56 pm

I think it would be really great if the magazine went back to what it used to be. I was at the local TJM shop a couple of weeks ago to get the Clearview mirrors fitted and picked up a C & M magazine dated 2008 and it had actual caravan tests, proper write ups on various locations,and info that was pertinent to our caravanning lifestyle. At the moment we are getting media beatups on all sorts of subjects.
Geoff and Bev

jill_33
Been here for a while

Post by jill_33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:15 pm

I used to like see what RV Events are on and around but sadly has not been updated since June .

Jill
Thanks
Jill

2015 Grand Cherokee Laredo
2009 Jayco Sterling 24.75-2

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:19 pm

jill_33 wrote:I used to like see what RV Events are on and around but sadly has not been updated since June .

Jill
I googled “what RV Events Australia” and came up with this. Any way it is a little info… :)

https://www.cmca.net.au/events/rallies

I know I am not much help but this site seems ok….I reckon it would be a good one to try in the new year if you like shows. A bit late for 1016.

http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/e … ndar-55412
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

jill_33
Been here for a while

Post by jill_33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:46 pm

dieseltojo wrote:
jill_33 wrote:I used to like see what RV Events are on and around but sadly has not been updated since June .

Jill
I googled “what RV Events Australia” and came up with this. Any way it is a little info… :)

https://www.cmca.net.au/events/rallies

I know I am not much help but this site seems ok….I reckon it would be a good one to try in the new year if you like shows. A bit late for 1016.

http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/e … ndar-55412
Sounds ok , but in Tassie all January and half February.

Jill
Thanks
Jill

2015 Grand Cherokee Laredo
2009 Jayco Sterling 24.75-2

RhysBris
I’m new, be nice!

Post by RhysBris » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:50 am

My first post …..

Hi GregnSue. I also had immense trouble contacting C&M. Of course this caused an ever escalating cycle of frustration. It seems that this is endemic to this magazine.

I think it is important to recognise that these problems we experience are not the fault of the frontline staff, but rather the fault of the management at C&M or EMG. Management are the ones that have not provided an effective support system for members, which results in the continual loss of these members (read “potential customers” here) due to frustration.

My login issues were taken on-board by Jazmin (who responded below in this thread) and I can now actually log in successfully to both C&M and Forum. The problem was compounded by me when I clicked “unsubscribe” to all the trash emails from EMG. This meant that I didn’t receive the email with the link to reset my password. (Password reset links should be exempt from the “unsubscribe” mechanism.) By the way, Jazmin was acting outside her assigned role when she helped me in this regard, and I certainly thank her for that.

EMG Management should note that they have a fault in their phone system. It occurs only rarely, usually after the 20th attempt to contact them – yes I am referring to the fact that I ACTUALLY GOT THROUGH to a human being :) who by the way was most helpful and is attending to my issue. Again, good frontline staff with bad management systems and support.

:idea: What would happen if, instead of continually hitting our heads against the electronic brick walls (email, posts, phone), we instead sat down and wrote a letter and sent it snail mail. Letters are so unusual these days that any such letter may have a much greater impact than our actions here. Just thinkin out loud ….

C&M and EMG – you are on notice.

RhysBris

Jazmin
Ex-staff

Post by Jazmin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:59 am

Hi Rhys,

I’m really glad to hear that you’ve made it on to the forum and the ClubCM successfully – phew! I will have to keep that note about unsubscribing in mind as it may help with people in the future.

In regards to helping outside my role – I’m always happy to help and assist when I can. I am quite busy towards the end of the year, but I will always find time to assist as the magazine is quite important to me.

I’m also glad to hear that you got through, although wish it was on the first attempt, and not the 20th.

Just to give everyone a bit of background on the customer service front… We had a major staff re-shuffle, which means that it’s all hands on deck for customer service. We have Journalists, photographers, marketing personal and everyone in between doing customer service to try and help the girls out and while we’re managing to get through some of it, there’s still a lot of work due to the re-shuffle.

We are doing our best to fix the problem as we know it’s a definite issue, so fingers crossed things get sorted soon.

In the meantime, if anyone has any problems, feel free to mail me :)

Have a great day everyone!
Journalist & Digital Coordinator
Caravan and Motorhome on Tour

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 pm

RhysBris wrote:My first post …..
h bad management systems and support.

:idea: What would happen if, instead of continually hitting our heads against the electronic brick walls (email, posts, phone), we instead sat down and wrote a letter and sent it snail mail. Letters are so unusual these days that any such letter may have a much greater impact than our actions here. Just thinkin out loud ….

C&M and EMG – you are on notice.

RhysBris
Hi RhysBris, nd welcome.
The answer is of course no one could read the thing. What in actual freehand English….. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

skypilot.f4u
I’m new, be nice!

Post by skypilot.f4u » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:00 am

HI readers,
This seems to be an ongoing problem with EMG STORE. On Jan 19th 2017 I to placed an order in reply to a flyer I received in the mail to continue my subscription. The deal was that I received 10 issues of Caravan & Motorhome on tour plus a bonus for ordering before Jan 31. So far I have recieved zilch. I’ve made about 10 phone calls and can’t get through. Left messages each time for them to ring back as per their automated service requests and sent emails along with each phone call requesting information as to where my order is. No one has ever gotton back to me. It seems fine for them to take your money though. I have now taken a desporate step that I really don’t believe should have to be taken and that is to put my case to Facebook, I hate Facebook. Shorly there must be something that can be done to stop this company ripping us off.
I have been an avid reader of C&MH on tour but this sales company that is the distributing of this customer service is something else.

Buyer be ware!!!!!!!

Return to “Your Say”