Not a nice place to stay.

Tell us of the amazing Parks and Places you’ve stayed at
Old Techo

Re: Not a nice place to stay.

Post by Old Techo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Jock, I picked that one because we stayed there for 2 nights in September 15.

We were quite happy there except for the adjacent highway road works – making noise and a busy exit. Not the parks fault.

Their website says they takes pets.

I note that review sample I posted reflects a change in management after our time.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 am

While not naming the park when criticising on the internet has its merit, it does by default put a question mark over all CPs in Townsville, and that is not fair.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Danield

Post by Danield » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Motherhen wrote:While not naming the park when criticising on the internet has its merit, it does by default put a question mark over all CPs in Townsville, and that is not fair.
I agree. I’m now a bit worried. We stay at irregular intervals at Blue Water caravan park. It has been quite nice, but it is a few years since we have been there. I hope that is not the park referred to in this thread.
Dan

Brian

Post by Brian » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:41 pm

The best park we have stayed at in Townsville is the Riverside Convention Centre Park 55 Leopold st near the Stockland shopping centre. Very close to the Ross River, I think there is a walkway from the park to the river.
We stayed there with our dog and several others had dogs, they have a large grassed area and very clean amenities. The manager was very pleasant and helpful.
It is run by the Seventh Day church, but I have no connection to them. It is not a well known park, but you can Google it for full details. It is the only place I will stay at in Townsville now.
Pajero NP Diesel Auto. Roadstar Limited Edition. Mackay. Nth Qld.

Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Always stay Hervey Range.c/p lovely people. last trip they looked after our little dog (only for visitors) while we went shopping when we left the dog got more attention than we did, i am sure he met everyone in the park while we were out.

P & K Motley

Post by P & K Motley » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:19 am

Hi everyone, We have moved out of the caravan park and ready to name it. Bush Oasis Caravan park! get this we received a message from them asking us to put feedback on wikki camps I am formation a review and they are not going to like it.

thank everyone who has commented.
from Karren & Peter

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:13 am

They are about 19 km from the centre of Townsville.

No reports in Badgers but some Google reviews, and oddly the first one being by Karren Motley… https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourcei … c3861e92,1,,

Their website…. my highlight

ABOUT US – Bush Oasis Caravan Park is a family operated park owned and managed by Fiona and Martin Lidgett who take pride in their Park and service to their guests.

Catering predominatelyto over 50’s the park is set on 14 acres of landscaped undulating grounds, with varied bird life and native animals making it their home. Enjoy the peaceful surrounds and large sites, and being 12-15 minutes drive from the city center and directly opposite award winning tourist attraction Billabong Sanctuary and the Tourist Information Centre.

Boasting a large camp kitchen adjacent to a new inground spa and pool (adults only) with natural rock waterfalls, which provides a tranquil setting for BBQ’s, get together or lazing around and enjoying a swim.

We are a pet friendly park and welcome you to enjoy staying in our park soon.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto

P & K Motley

Post by P & K Motley » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Old Techo, that was me when we first moved in I have just changed it

from Peter and Karren

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Karren, thank you for the update :D

My Google link of course is dynamic and now shows your corrected review.

I have asked admin to delete my now stale screen-grab post :oops:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto

rip

Post by rip » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Might it be wise to make reviews after you leave a CP?
21′ Jayco Sterling & LC 200

Return to “Great places to stay”