View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Talwood Qld 

Post Talwood Qld
My wife & I are from Mandurah 70Km sth of Perth. We have been travelling around Qld for a month.
Staying at Oakey Creek Bowenville, (free) great place, then Tara even better. (First 3 days for $5 then $10 per day after that). Then Meandarra ($50 per week @ CP) another great place, Next St George, good shopping for a small town. The Butcher & Baker near the PO very good quality. The CP @$27 was OK, nothing special. Nindigully Pub. Free, great meals @ reasonable prices and cheap Pots at happy hour. Very friendly locals. Best of all, so far is Talwood. Free 72hr with power, clean toilets, hot showers, easy walk to Talwood pub, reasonable priced meals, friendly host and locals. Now at small CP in Goondiwindi. Nothing much opens on Sundays CP @ $29 is basic but clean & well maintained.
We hope this may help anyone planning a trip out this way.
Regards Tom & Glo.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:30 am

Post Re: Talwood Qld
TommyG,
Thanks for that. Our winter sojourn this year is to travel to all the little places that you have mentioned plus more.
glanyard

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:36 pm

I don’t want hijack your post , but we going through Goondiwindi in the next couple of weeks , though we would stay at the show grounds . Has anyone stayed there be only a overnighter if so what is it like

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi
When we are travelling through Goondiwindi we stay at the BP road house on highway for the night.

Ron. :razz:

Just coasting along. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:31 pm

bluebus wrote:
Hi
When we are travelling through Goondiwindi we stay at the BP road house on highway for the night.

When at the BP road house not to much noise at night

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:57 am

Hi.
When we stay there we park near Macdonalds and there is no highway noise,
a good quiet night and good food at the road house best of all free to stay there.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Gee we wish we had know of the freebees around Goondiwindi the little CP was OK but we thought over priced for what it was. Although along the river it was an easy walk to town centre.
We are now at Texas on the Dumaresq River. It’s a very nice camp, (Free) Unfortunately 3 Km from town, a bit too far to walk if in a motorhome & don’t want to pack up. If we were closer we would patronise the Pub for a meal & no doubt some of the coffee shops during the day. We did when we arrived and also did a shop at Foodworks & the butchers. They will miss out on what we would have spent while here if the town was closer. Not that it’s anyone’s fault, They can hardly shift the river closer to the town. We enjoyed the amount of time we spent in town when we arrived and this is an excellent camp for self contained vehicles.
Thanks for the feedback Regards Tom & Glo.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:27 am

glanyard wrote:
TommyG,
Thanks for that. Our winter sojourn this year is to travel to all the little places that you have mentioned plus more.
glanyard

I have just put some info on facebook, but don’t know what I’m doing you may be able to see it at
https://www.facebook.com/tommy.griffiths.79/allactivity

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:58 am

TommyG,
There is only your handsome features worth looking at on the link.
glanyard

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:53 am

geoff&glen wrote:
I don’t want hijack your post , but we going through Goondiwindi in the next couple of weeks , though we would stay at the show grounds . Has anyone stayed there be only a overnighter if so what is it like

Although I am late in replying, I have only just opened this thread and seen your question Geoff and Glen, I cannot tell you what the site is like, but at $25 per night for a powered site, not one of the cheaper showgrounds.

Quote:
Goondiwindi Show Grounds
Boundary Road Goondiwindi. $25 per night for powered site (one connection). Restrained dogs allowed. Spelling of livestock for a donation. Gates never shut – turn up any time. Caretaker onsite. No bookings needed. Phone 07 4671 1596

http://goondiwindi.qld.au/?page_id=542

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]