View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Elite Caravans 

Post Elite Caravans
Has anybody out there recently purchased an "Elite" caravan from Caravan Super Centre in Campbellfield, Melbourne. We have and we have had a very interesting experience let me tell you!!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Post Re: Elite Caravans
Welcome to the forum.

Tell us more!

Blog: http://ourcaravanadventures.blogspot.com/

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile ICQ

Welcome!

Interested to know if the experience was good or bad!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

Hi BruDan welcome,
Yes tell use more, only last week was there looking at the Elite, actually thought the finish looked good compared to some.

One of our travelling friends actually traded his van in and purchased one on the spur of the moment and we are from Newcastle just down for the tennis. Traded last Thursday and picked up the new van Saturday with solar cells fitted.

I have not spoke to him or seen his van as we moved out on Saturday so interested to hear what your experience is, I may need to warn him if it is not good.

JR
:razz:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 pm

BruDan wrote:
Has anybody out there recently purchased an "Elite" caravan from Caravan Super Centre in Campbellfield, Melbourne. We have and we have had a very interesting experience let me tell you!!

Welcome to the forum BD...
YES, YES...tell us more...

Jock :?:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:00 am

Welcome.
Like all the others i would like to hear your story also !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 am

well now you have got everyones interest let us know what you are on about.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:42 pm

here we go............after spending a lot of time looking for the right van, we finally found the layout we were looking for and after a bit of here and there we struck a deal, as usual the speel was given about how good the van was, how well they were built, etc etc, all the usual talk, but on seeing the van in the factory I was reasonably impressed. I was also impressed with the promise of "this van will go through 2 days of QA checking from top to bottom and front to back and will be fully detailed" Yeah right...........

Issue - cheap & inferior windows fitted instead of what was requested in writing on contract
Response - there was a 6 week wait on the windows you wanted so we put these in instead and its now going to cost us $3000 to keep you happy!!!! - what crap

Issue - curtains had been wrongly measured, hence too long and looked awful and need to be hemmed up
Response - lucky the curtain lady was there when we were and she re-measured the correct size and took them away, on their return they were fitted to someone elses van which was now on its way up through NSW, we got them after a few weeks

Issue - gas bottles empty, apparently it is now law that vans cant be sold with full gas bottles, ah so how did you test the HWS & Stove??
Response - we hook it up to a bottle of "test" gas in the factory........ oh really, then how come the finger tight fittings on the HWS weren't picked up in the leak test.

Issue - flange nut that secures drain fitting in shower base fitted upside down!!! also hole in floor for same was drilled too small so the incorrect side of the flange nut wasnt even contacting the underside of the showerbase, it was against the van floor resulting in a substantial leak into the ensuite and bedroom every time it was used.

Response - our plumber doesnt travel, ( the 100 odd k's to where the van is ), arrange for a local bloke to fix it, which he did and i got re-imbursed for, but should never have had to do in the 1st place. He also found all the pvc joints under the van were severely lacking in joint glue, which he fixed while he was there.

Issue - noisy bed, now before you all start smirking.................every time we sat on the bed, let alone anything else, it either creaked loudly or made a noise like it was cracking, virtually impossible to get a good nights sleep in.

Response - theyre all like that, put a piece of ply on top of the slats and it will help but apart from that theres not much else we can do..................had a look myself and saw that the steel frame cross members at the head & bottom end of the lift up base werent lined up with the wooden bed base fixed to the floor, fixed it myself in 10 minutes with a cordless drill by unscrewing the hinges and properly aligning the bed & base.

Issue - 12V power pack blew up after a few weeks, no 12V power to van

Response - very pleased to say they sent the sparky down and he replaced it............with the one that should have been fitted in the 1st place, not the ALDI special that was fitted in the factory!

Issue - in heavy rain we have water leaking down the wall on the left hand side over the kitched bench

Response - not even game to call them, i'll arm myself with tubes of goo and get up there and seal it properly.

The main thing that really annoys me here is the fact that a lot of carelessness and haphazardous workmanship ruined what we expected to be a very exciting time for us, i now dont trust this van at all and will probaby look at getting rid of it sooner that later. Also the distinct lack of after sales service & care doesnt sit well with me either

maybe i'm just a fussy bugger but when i pay very good money i expect a very good product.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 pm

G'day BruDan,
I will certainly mark down Elite in my DO NOT BUY LIST.

A good thing would be for all us forumites is to let us know of the Good Bad & Ugly of thier experience with the caravan Co they purchased from.

That might help us all sort out the rubbish, that some manufacturers want to sell us.
I will start a fresh post to kick it off properly.

"See you 'round my campfire"

Geoff & Bev

GQ Patrol 2.8L TD
Millard Horizon '17 Pop Top

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Nuff said by BruDan, so no comment from me.
OJ

Last edited by ozjohn on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next