View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 tecovision 19 reception 

Post tecovision 19 reception
Hi, We have just bought a wonderful new van but just having an issue with the TV (maybe our fault) so just want to run it by you. The TV was working fine at home in Kallangur but we are now at Woodgate and can only pick up SBS and channel 2 stations. Our other tv is fine and it picks up the stations ok as we have an ariel plug on the outside of the vn as well. Any ideas? Thanks.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Post Re: tecovision 19 reception
first thing that comes to mind. if your antenna connection inside the van has a boost button, is it turned on (a green light should come on ).
the other tv is it connected to a satellite dish ??
the external connection is normally for connecting sat or fox tv etc when you are in caravan parks
brian

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Post Re: tecovision 19 reception
Hi Newcaravanners,

I bet the salesman said the TV antenna would work anywhere. I would like to have the money back from the antennas that I have purchased over my caravanning life. You talk to the antenna salesman or read the ads for the product they are pushing and they proclaim their’s is the "best".

You can purchase a satellite dish, set top box and the cabling for not a lot more than some of the "best" antenna on the market knowing that you will get reception just about everywhere. Tuning in a dish doesn’t take much longer than an antenna and the picture is perfect.

We are on the road full time and have had great reception wherever we’ve been. Our dish is on the A frame even when we are travelling. If the body of the van or another obstacle blocks reception we use the base of a portable clothes line to mount the dish. We have an extension cable that allows plenty of choices.
My advice is spend a bit more for a much better result.

Cheers CHONGA

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]