View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 my Waeco she no go 

Post my Waeco she no go
i have a 50ltre Waeco its about 7 y/o i bought new in Broome ,on my last trip east to Victoria it chucked a wobbly and the 240 display was blank and on 12 v a fault light came on .....it would not run at all
i thought the battery might be doodoo so i put in on charge ,its been connected to 240v for about 3v weeks and still she no go at all ,no lights on the display when ON button is selected.
would you have an idea what is wrong with it please,i planning another trip east soon next month and would like to take it with me.

thankyou
freddo

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Post Re: my Waeco she no go
Someone with a Waeco will come on soon to help you, but in the meantime, does it have a fuse?
glanyard

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:42 am

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
What "Error code" are you getting?

Quick hunt around and found this

One Flash

Can be caused by:
• Insufficient cable size
• Too many connections
• Poor connections
• Not designating fridge
with own direct circuit from battery

Battery Protection Cut-Out

If the error light on your fridge flashes once every 5 seconds, it is definitely indicating that you have a voltage drop problem.
This means that the wiring in your car may be inadequate to carry the correct amount of volts to the fridge.
To test if this is the problem, plug the fridge into a suitable AC adaptor. If you find that the fridge works, you can eliminate that there is a problem with the fridge and the car wiring configuration or plug connections should be stringently checked.

Two Flashes
Fan over current cut-out
If the fan circuit in the control module has a load in excess of 0.5 Amps, the system will fail.

Three Flashes
Motor Start Error
If your error light is flashing three times every 5 seconds, the rotor may be blocked or the differential pressure in the refrigeration system is too high. Faulty compressor or faulty control module.

Four Flashes
Minimum Motor Speed Error
This failure occurs if the compressor is running slower than 1850 rpm.

Five Flashes
Thermal cut-out of electronic unit
If the error light is flashing five times every 5 seconds, the refrigeration system has been too heavily loaded, or if the surrounding temperature is high, the electronics will run too hot. This is generally caused by not allowing enough ventilation around the vents of your fridge. To overcome this, simply ventilate your fridge more effectively.

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:47 pm

thanks for the help Frank and Brenda

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:46 pm

I had a similar problem with my Waeco 50.
I rang Waeco direct (can't remember if it was a troubleshooting site or what)
The tech' told me to push this and push that which was designed to give certain responses from the fridge - which it didn't do - it ended in him saying that the computer board was stuffed.
Give 'em a ring
cheers
Jdog

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]