Have We Met You on the Road?

Chat to Rob & Marg during their trip around the block!
Jeff&Cathy
Been here for a while

Re: Have We Met You on the Road?

Post by Jeff&Cathy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi Rob & Marg, love the dvd’s and the way you guys work together. The out takes at the end of the dvd’s are fun to watch too.

Due to editing and production time frames I know that you may have well moved on by the time the dvd’s are out the in the public.

My question is where are you guys now? We are in Adelaide and I’d love to have a heads up on when you’re coming through. If it’s ok, I’m keen to know where you will be camping around Adelaide. Cathy (the one who must be obeyed) and I would love to catch up with you both for a chat, laugh and perhaps a drink, we don’t want to appear on the dvd, we’ve just been following your travels and we’d love to meet you.

If it’s better for you, please send me a private message,

Cheers,

Jeff

p.s. keep up the good work!
The bald nomad……………”now where was I going again?”
Tug – 2010 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L TD Manual / Van – 2009 19’6″ Supreme Explorer (Executive) Tourer

Rob & Marg
An old hand
Location: Oak Flats, NSW – when we’re not on the highways of Australia!

Post by Rob & Marg » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:09 am

Jeff&Cathy wrote:Hi Rob & Marg, love the dvd’s and the way you guys work together. The out takes at the end of the dvd’s are fun to watch too.

Due to editing and production time frames I know that you may have well moved on by the time the dvd’s are out the in the public.

My question is where are you guys now? We are in Adelaide and I’d love to have a heads up on when you’re coming through. If it’s ok, I’m keen to know where you will be camping around Adelaide. Cathy (the one who must be obeyed) and I would love to catch up with you both for a chat, laugh and perhaps a drink, we don’t want to appear on the dvd, we’ve just been following your travels and we’d love to meet you.

If it’s better for you, please send me a private message,

Cheers,

Jeff

p.s. keep up the good work!
G’Day Jeff & Cathy,

Yes, you are correct in that we are well advanced on our trip. Production issues mean that we are about 3 months ahead of what is on the latest DVD & magazine issue. We finished up on the Eyre Peninsular just before Christmas. Currently we are home in Shellharbour (NSW), but get back on the road this week & will be making our way to Portland (Vic) via Renmark & Mildura. That’s of course subject to any issues with the weather. We should be in Mildura ( 24-27th Jan) & Portland 28th Jan, where we’ll start the next filming section of the trip along the Great Ocean Road.

We are guessing that probably won’t fit into your schedules but if by chance you are also travelling in that general direction at the same time, we’d be more than happy to catch up with you.

Thanks for your generous comments re the DVD & magazine. We know the producers work hard to make it as appealing to as many people as possible & it’s always good to get this type of feedback. BTW, we enjoy the out takes as well, & I’m sure they could make a DVD of their own.

Cheers
Rob & Marg

Jeff&Cathy
Been here for a while

Post by Jeff&Cathy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks for the reply guys, glad to hear you’re home safe and well! I’ll look forward to seeing the rest of your trip on the DVD

Cheers &blessings,
Jeff
The bald nomad……………”now where was I going again?”
Tug – 2010 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L TD Manual / Van – 2009 19’6″ Supreme Explorer (Executive) Tourer

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:39 pm

G’day Rob and Marg,
We haven’t been getting the mag for a while now but just last week we were away in Middleton, SA, (40 minutes from home) and I bought a double pack with the Mackay to Cairns trip of yours, it’s the first of your DVDs we’ve seen and thought we’d tell you we liked to lay out and the way you presented it.
Don’t know what your travel plans are for this year but we’ll be heading to WA, NT and back down the middle, starting in April for up to 6 months so I guess we might …….. catch you out there.
Frank

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Frank & Brenda wrote:G’day Rob and Marg,
We haven’t been getting the mag for a while now but just last week we were away in Middleton, SA, (40 minutes from home) and I bought a double pack with the Mackay to Cairns trip of yours, it’s the first of your DVDs we’ve seen and thought we’d tell you we liked to lay out and the way you presented it.
Don’t know what your travel plans are for this year but we’ll be heading to WA, NT and back down the middle, starting in April for up to 6 months so I guess we might …….. catch you out there.
Frank
G’Day Frank & Brenda,
Thanks for your comments as we know the producers work very hard to please as many viewers as possible. After getting feedback from here on the forum & emails to their office we understand that future DVDs will incorporate a few more storiesinterviews with other travellers which should appeal to a lot of viewers.

We may not …..catch you out there…. this trip as after doing a shoot along the Great Ocean Road ( weather permitting ), we’ll be finishing off the trip over here in the eastern states. After that Marg & I plan to catch our breath & stay around home for a few months before starting out on another adventure. Not to sure what direction yet, maybe north where we can put something toward a recovering tourist industry. However, the adventure will continue somewhere & yes, we hope to catch you out there.

Cheers
Rob & Marg

johnboy
Getting the hang of it

Post by johnboy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Howdy Rob & Marg….hope all is well. It seems to be going well judging by the tv show. Last fridays episode (14/1) you were just about to get to Uluru. Half way through the show you spoke about some interesting things and people you had met along your journey. You spoke of 2 people that were doing up a 30′ viscount caravan and had put a split system air-con in/on it. As I am trying to do the same with my coromal van I would love to be able to speak with these people, if thats at all possible, about how they connected the outside unit to the back of the van. Obviously they bought or made brackets to hold it but I need to know what sort of brackets etc. My home email is [email protected] If they or anyone else could send me their home or mobile number I can contact them for a chinwag during my frrtime.
I hope you can help me. Keep on cruizin’ and sending us your great show.
Cheers Johnboy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oneday
Been here for a while

We meet you!

Post by oneday » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Rob & Marg,
It was great meeting you today at Lock 10. Just watching you do your DVD recording we were saying to each other that you really must not have much time to see the things you want as it must be so full on doing the recording & meeting the crew at each new location.
Just looking at the time it takes to record just a small piece of material would mean long full days & we don’t think people know the work that goes into doing the trip you two are doing, keep up the great work so we can continue to watch the great DVD’s. If you need a holiday from recording, just get in touch with us & we will stop work to continue the trip for you :mrgreen: !
Sorry we could not have more time to sit down & have a longer chat with both of you, sorry about the dixie air horns but our new friend Simon B. told us to do it :razz: !
Hope you have safe travels finishing your trip,
Cheers, Lyn & Phil.
Lyn & Phil,
23’6″ Retreat Magnetic Platinum + LC200 TTD

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Re: We meet you!

Post by Rob & Marg » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 pm

oneday wrote:Hi Rob & Marg,
It was great meeting you today at Lock 10. Just watching you do your DVD recording we were saying to each other that you really must not have much time to see the things you want as it must be so full on doing the recording & meeting the crew at each new location.
Just looking at the time it takes to record just a small piece of material would mean long full days & we don’t think people know the work that goes into doing the trip you two are doing, keep up the great work so we can continue to watch the great DVD’s. If you need a holiday from recording, just get in touch with us & we will stop work to continue the trip for you :mrgreen: !
Sorry we could not have more time to sit down & have a longer chat with both of you, sorry about the dixie air horns but our new friend Simon B. told us to do it :razz: !
Hope you have safe travels finishing your trip,
Cheers, Lyn & Phil.
Hi Guys!

Wow, you’re fast! We just got back from dinner; I sat down to transfer the photo to the computer and upload it… and here you are already!

We loved meeting up with you (we meet heaps and heaps of people who watch the DVDS, but HARDLY ANYONE from the forum! So it’s terrific when we do.

Yes, a film shoot takes longer than most people would imagine, but we still manage to enjoy ourselves a tiny bit… oh all right: a whole lot!!! :lol: And we meet such fascinating people.

We loved your air horn by the way. It made us laugh. Remember that ad that used to be on that had a couple of petrol heads (er… not that we’re saying that you’re petrol heads…) installing a new front door chime? And when they sounded it, it was kinda like your dixie air horn… and they both cracked up and fell about laughing and kept sounding it again and again. Well, your dixie horn reminded us of that. So funny.

Anyway, here’s the photo we took at Lock 10 today. What a pity we didn’t have more time to catch up! But there’s always the next time we meet up on the road. We’ll stay in touch!

I thought you’d also like to see one of the hard-working film crew on location… here they are today at Perry Sandhills, trying to keep their gear dry and shoot film in the rain! They manage to keep smiling…

Cheers
Marg & Rob :-)

oneday
Been here for a while

Rob & Marg, we home.

Post by oneday » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:27 pm

G’Day Marg & Rob,
(See we put you first Mag, does that you feel good instead of following Rob all the time :mrgreen: !!)

Just thought we let you know we arrived home safely this afternoon, had a stop over at Cowra for the NSW Caravan association rally which was great.

Still waiting for our invite to follow you around, but we suppose you are starting to count down the days until you arrive home :rolleyes: .

Hope you don’t have a problem with your unused warranty if you know want we mean.

Have a safe trip down along the Murray & home. Sorry to correct you Marg but Wentworth is in NSW not Vic, but with all all travelling I suppose you forget where you are sometimes. We where only away for just over a week & forgot where we were when we woke each day, what a lovely feeling that is!

Safe travels,
Lyn & Phil.
Lyn & Phil,
23’6″ Retreat Magnetic Platinum + LC200 TTD

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Re: Rob & Marg, we home.

Post by Rob & Marg » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 pm

oneday wrote:G’Day Marg & Rob,
(See we put you first Mag, does that you feel good instead of following Rob all the time :mrgreen: !!) Just thought we let you know we arrived home safely this afternoon… Have a safe trip down along the Murray & home. Sorry to correct you Marg but Wentworth is in NSW not Vic, but with all all travelling I suppose you forget where you are sometimes. We where only away for just over a week & forgot where we were when we woke each day, what a lovely feeling that is!
Safe travels, Lyn & Phil.
Hi Guys,

We do get confused about what is in NSW and what is in Vic while we’re following the Murray! We keep ducking back and forth from one state to the other all the way along. The day we met you we were in Mildura and Wentworth… um where am I now? Echuca… yep, that’s Victoria again.

And thanks for putting me first. LOL. That should be the natural order of things. I will inform Rob that someone has seen the light.

Happy travels,
Marg (and Rob).

Return to “Rob & Marg”