Have We Met You on the Road?

Chat to Rob & Marg during their trip around the block!
willjo
I’m new, be nice!

Re: Have We Met You on the Road?

Post by willjo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Dear Rob and Marg – We met you both in the caravan park at Wycliffe Well.
We have since returned home and then went to Mildura for the Country Music Festival and had a great time. We are home now probably until about next June when we hope to go north from Victoria again. Safe travelling
Joan and Bill

Rob & Marg
An old hand
Location: Oak Flats, NSW – when we’re not on the highways of Australia!

Post by Rob & Marg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Crazyhorse,

I’m taking a break to visit the family in Shellharbour over Christmas & New Year, so keep an eye out for me, ‘cos I don’t know who I’d be looking for. :razz: You’ll find me haunting the surf club & beach a fair bit of the time, so I won’t be too far away.
Cheers
Rob.

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:32 pm

G’Day Joan & Bill,
Yep, we recall meeting up with your there. It was a nice little stop over, although we didn’t see any UFO’s, only the little green men.
We are still on the road at the moment, travelling down the WA coast line after time in the Kimberley & Broome. It’s been hot, so we are looking for a little milder weather.
Is Tamworth on your agenda next year?
Take care & please keep in touch.
Cheers
Rob & Marg

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:37 pm

John and Helen wrote:Hi Rob & Marg, John and Helen Whiter here from Wollongong. We met you coming out of Kakadu when you pulled up at Pine Creek and chatted for a while and we had some photos taken. We were travelling behind you in our hired Apollo motorhome. We have been buying your magazines and watching your DVDs with great interest and feel as if we know you now personally and eagerly waiting for the DVD from Kakadu to come out to see if your producer put our little greeting in. I hope the rest of your trip is hazard free and we hope to catch you on the road again.
Hi John and Helen,

How great to hear from both of you! Wasn’t it fun to meet up at Pine Creek? I can remember you standing there with the film crew shooting your greeting. I’m sure it’ll be on the DVD!

Where are you now – back home in the Gong or still travelling? We should be back in the area for a while at Christmas before we take to the road again… a bit of time to catch up with grandchildren and old friends!

Maybe we’ll see you somewhere around the Illawarra one day!

Cheers
Marg & Rob

adrianboard
I’m new, be nice!

Post by adrianboard » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:38 am

hi guys

yes we have met you. we caught up in dubbo just before your big trip. you were taking your rig on a test run and we were pulling a 1979 viscount poptop. you kindly lent us your camps book and maps for the night so we could plan our next moves to the coast. so thank you. your infor was very helpful. we camped the next night at lovely bush site and nundle and then went on to the coast.

all the best for your trip. soak it up. :razz:

Adrian

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:12 am

G’Day Adrian,
Yes, we both remember meeting up with you then. It seems a while ago now. We currently are heading down the west coast, before setting off east around early December.
We’ve been having a great trip & trust you are enjoying your travels as well.
catch you again on the road soon.
Cheers
Rob & Marg

Sandy & Don
On a roll

Post by Sandy & Don » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Rob & Marg
I’d love to meet you on the road – just watched your dvd Adventures in the Red Centre pt 1 , really enjoyed it all . Keep them coming for all of us who have to keep working and can’t travel but only dream about it
sandy
Sandy & Don grey nomads in training
200 Series Landcruiser GXL 2014 Retreat Magnetic

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Sandy & Don wrote:Hi Rob & Marg… I’d love to meet you on the road – just watched your dvd Adventures in the Red Centre pt 1 , really enjoyed it all . Keep them coming for all of us who have to keep working and can’t travel but only dream about it…. sandy
Hi Sandy,

The Red Centre was a great experience, all right. The trip is just filled with highlights.

Don’t worry: you’ll finally get to make your dreams reality. And you’ll enjoy it so much once you’re on the road.

While you’re waiting you can make notes about all the things you’d love to see and do… this forum is full of terrific tips and advice!

Cheers
Marg & Rob

Gibbo05
I’m new, be nice!

Post by Gibbo05 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Rob & Marg. We met you at the Hamlin pools while you were filming. We have our grandson Cody with us. Then we met up again at Monkey Mia. Cody got to feed Nicki the dolphin. He loved it. We are now heading home to Gladstone Qld.
Have fun
Ron, Heather and Cody Gibson

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Gibbo05 wrote:Hi Rob & Marg. We met you at the Hamlin pools while you were filming. We have our grandson Cody with us. Then we met up again at Monkey Mia. Cody got to feed Nicki the dolphin. He loved it. We are now heading home to Gladstone Qld. Have fun.mRon, Heather and Cody Gibson
Hi Heather and Ron,

Yes, it was fun meeting you both (and Cody!). We don’t have a pic of Cody with you… I think he was a bit camera shy. Maybe the C&M photographer took a photo? I can’t quite remember! I’m glad Cody got to feed the dolphin; he would have loved that!

Here you are at Hamelin Pool:

Happy Travels!
Marg & Rob

Return to “Rob & Marg”