Have We Met You on the Road?

Chat to Rob & Marg during their trip around the block!
Rob & Marg
An old hand
Location: Oak Flats, NSW – when we’re not on the highways of Australia!

Re: Have We Met You on the Road?

Post by Rob & Marg » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:37 pm

nsgnomad wrote:Hi Rob & Marg, Roger here. I am another person who mearly met you. I recognised your rig as you headed north on Gympie road at Narangba Qld. Very envious of you doing the trip but in a few years it will be our turn.
Regards, Roger
Hi Roger,
I think we’ll shave to set up a thread for ‘did we just miss you on the road?!’ now we have a CB sign on the back of the van so we’ve had a couple of ‘hellos’ on the CB. Well, you know what we look like, so if you spot us in a park somewhere on your shorter trips, call in and see us!
You’ll love it when you get to go on the road for an extended time.
See you on the road (or until then, on the forum!)
Cheers Marg & Rob

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi John and Anne (and of course Max!!!)

We remember meeting you so clearly (and Max’s great disappointment when it was only us in the van instead of his hero, Roothy!) :-) I’m sure he’ll meet him one day…

Even though you had to go back to work, I’m sure the memories of your trip will keep you going until you can get out on the road again. (That’s what it was like for us in between trips, before we set out on our round-Australia trip.)

Let us know when you’re going on the road again, and where you’ll be, and perhaps we can catch up again. That’d be nice. (Rob can put on a Roothy mask.)

Cheers
Marg & Rob

Tassie2
On a roll

Post by Tassie2 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi Rob and Marge
My husband and myself have enjoyed your DVD’s of your travells. We make our own DVD’s to send home of our travells as all our family live in NZ. One of our main complaints about the previous DVD’s was that the presenter wasn’t even caravaning!

We were soon disappointed to hear that you have skipped Tasmania all together – so I surpose we would have no chance of coming across you in our travels. We have lived in most states and reside permanently now in Tasmania on a 7acre block just outside Cygnet and love it. We are in our 40’s and absolutely love caravaning and travel every month, usually taking our dog.

You may be interested to hear that I keep a folder in our caravan, which we use to rate caravan parks that we stay in. Its an excell spreadsheet which I designed which comes in handy for when we wish to return and forget things like the water is not dinkable and must go with full water tanks or non level sites or dog friendly etc.
I have also got a seperate folder specially for “caravan food’. It is not the quick open packet items beacuse I don’t do those, but its still good food that we can cook on the road and we can still have our curries but not ones that need 3 hours to cook.
Anyway – wish you best travel luck and looking forward to your next DVD
John & Sophia

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Tassie2 wrote:Hi Rob and Marg: My husband and myself have enjoyed your DVD’s of your travells. We make our own DVD’s to send home of our travells as all our family live in NZ. We were soon disappointed to hear that you have skipped Tasmania all together… we reside permanently now in Tasmania on a 7acre block just outside Cygnet and love it. …
You may be interested to hear that I keep a folder in our caravan, which we use to rate caravan parks that we stay in. I have also got a seperate folder specially for “caravan food’. Anyway – wish you best travel luck and looking forward to your next DVD John & Sophia
Hi John and Sophia,

No, Tassie is not on our itinerary for this trip, unfortunately… but rest assured, we intend to check it out! (Preferably in the warmer months… :-)) We may well be calling in to a certain 7-acre block to say ‘hi’!!!

I’m always interested to see what records caravanners kep about their travels. We always chat to others about parks and good free camps, and our ‘bibles’ (you know, those big spiral bound ‘camps’ and ‘caravan parks’ Australia Wide books) have a series of ticks next to names to indicate what the parks are like. BUT… having said that, we can’t help but notice that different people have entirely different impressions of the same park. We’ve had people say one park is great, while others say they’d never stay there again. It’s so subjective!

I’m like you, Sophia: I like to cook good, basic food from fresh ingredients, but I do find that it’s handy to have a range of herbs and spices in squeeze tubes and packets to add a bit of ‘zing’.

Glad you’re enjoying the DVDs. Are the ones you make a mix of photos and video, or just video, or photo slide shows?

See you one day in Tassie!

Cheers
Marg

Tassie2
On a roll

Post by Tassie2 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi Marg – thanks for your reply.
Really hope that you do get to do a DVD on Tasmania. The last DVD done by C&M was very rushed and we were very disappointed and they missed all the good bits. If you do come here please allow heaps of time as there are so many things to see and lots of lakes for canoeing and bush walking.

You are both welcome here on our 7 acres. We have a silly dog, 2 miniature Hereford cows (due to calf April), chickens and the occasional guest appearances of Platypus and trout (our back fence is a river).

Our home DVD’s that we send to NZ are all videos. We usually show where we are on a map so our family can understand where we have driven from or to. My husband John has a knack for talking about … anything – whoops I mean history or anything informative that he has read regarding the area, and I am the camera women!
Take care on your travels.

John & Soph
Tassie2 – ex WA now Channel Country, Tasmania

Nissan Pathfinder ’05 R51 – Polyairs.
Jayco Sterling ’08 23.72-3 – Custom built with larger fridge/freezer, built in 6 bottle wine cooler, slide out BBQ (just the essentials).

Crazyhorse
Cracked the big time

Post by Crazyhorse » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:06 pm

G’day Rob & Marg
no, I haven’t met you on the road but I do remember Rob from the ’80’s in the building society, we both worked there and though not friends, not enemies either or at least from my point of view…:)

I am also suprised I haven’t seen you at Shellharbour as I also generally spend around 4 weeks a year down there visiting relatives and friends

I have to comment, I found it difficult to recognise Rob on the first mag & DVD but I have to say the trip seems to be making a h#ll of a difference to you; to such an extent that the editing is very noticable. To put not a too fine point on it you started as an overweight question mark and now appear at least 5 years younger! As I resemble the description myself this gives me great hope.

This alone is a great endorsement for life on the road and makes me look forward to my time, which comes up July 2011

Rob (and Marg) enjoy the time you have and whatever you are doing definitely keep doing it!!!

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:54 pm

G’Day Crazyhorse,
You have me (us) intrigued. Worked with you in the ’80’s ????. Male or female ????. I’m guessing you also took stock of your senses and opted for other undertakings. Best give me a couple of extra clues and I’ll see if figure out who you are. We’ve lived in the Shellharbour township for just over 20 years, so there is a good chance we have passed in the main street. There is only one of them after all.
Meanwhile, we a heading out of Broome in the next day or so then travelling down the west coast for a month or two, then put on the left blinker and start heading east.
Hope you are enjoying your travels as well.

Rob :confused:

John and Helen
I’m new, be nice!

Post by John and Helen » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Rob & Marg,

John and Helen Whiter here from Wollongong. We met you coming out of Kakadu when you pulled up at Pine Creek and chatted for a while and we had some photos taken. We were travelling behind you in our hired Apollo motorhome. We have been buying your magazines and watching your DVDs with great interest and feel as if we know you now personally and eagerly waiting for the DVD from Kakadu to come out to see if your producer put our little greeting in. I hope the rest of your trip is hazard free and we hope to catch you on the road again.

Crazyhorse
Cracked the big time

Post by Crazyhorse » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi Rob, no clues I am sorry as I prefer my anonymity on these forums and you would pick it up easily, but have a great time and as I said it is doing you a lot of good and I will see you in the Village one time I am sure…I usually have a walk to Bass Point in the mornings then a coffee with Ron Smith at Bobby’s so I am sure we will catch up.

Return to “Rob & Marg”