Have We Met You on the Road?

Chat to Rob & Marg during their trip around the block!
Rob & Marg
An old hand
Location: Oak Flats, NSW – when we’re not on the highways of Australia!

Have We Met You on the Road?

Post by Rob & Marg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:44 pm

We’re meeting some terrific people on our trip around Oz. We thought it might be fun to have a thread where you can drop us a line and say “Hi! We met you at… [fill in the gap].
We’d love to catch up with you again and see where you are now… :-)

Cheers
Marg & Rob

rosco
An old hand

Re: Have We Met You on the Road?

Post by rosco » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Marg and Rob

Ross here, met you at Hawks Nest, met Rob at least, not sure where Marg was.

Unfortunately I’m sitting in my office at Newcastle and looking out at an overcast sky – yep the weekend’s coming up.

Touch of excitement here at present. Youngest son and wife became proud parents of a baby boy a couple of weeks back. We’ve two sons and a daughter, all married, and between them we now have six grandchildren. Woohoo. Christmas is getting expensive. Its all good though.

We’ve no plans to take the van out of the driveway until October after the school hols when we will take it to Port Stephens and put it on site for a few weeks, travelling back home to go to work through the week returning to it Friday evening, leaving again Sunday evening to come home.

Probably wont catch up with you again, unless we see you next time we’re at Shellharbour Beachside C/P.

All the best. Safe travels.

Ross & Dawn

chrisval7
Confident

Post by chrisval7 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Well, I NEARLY met you at Rollingstone cp a month or two ago – but you were out and about each time I went over there. Once I saw your back as you headed toward the beach at sunset….thought “I’ll catch up with them later” but later never came. If you are headed to our home state of SA we may catch up again, properly this time!
Chris
Kedron Top Ender
Landcruiser 200 series

isalot
Been here for a while

Post by isalot » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi Rob & Marg,
We met you in Mount Isa, dinner at the Buffs :)
Since then we’ve been pretty busy, the Mount Isa rodeo is always a great week in August and I’ve has a spell in hospital in Townsville but am on the mend now and back at work tomorrow. Doug’s been flat out at work too with a new role in the works so hopefully that’ll allow him to destress a little. We are counting down now until we leave next March and really can’t wait. Enjoy the rest of your trip and hopefully we’ll catch you out there on the road. Cheers for now Doug & Glenda x

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:31 pm

rosco wrote:Hi Marg and Rob… Ross here, met you at Hawks Nest, met Rob at least, not sure where Marg was. Unfortunately I’m sitting in my office at Newcastle and looking out at an overcast sky… All the best. Safe travels. Ross & Dawn
Hi Ross (and Hi, Dawn!)

Yes, Rob has the advantage here having met you. Darn. Next time… either in Shellharbour or on the road! I’m sure you’ll enjoy your next stint at Port Stephens (particularly if you spend much time gazing gloomily out of the window at clouds at home).

Congrats on the birth of your sixth grandchild. (Talk about Christmas getting expensive… it’s seeing all those things on the way around Australia that would be ‘just perfect’ for Grandchild X!)

Cheers, Marg (and a ‘G’Day’ and a wave from Rob!)

Rob & Marg
An old hand

At Rollingstone…

Post by Rob & Marg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:33 pm

chrisval7 wrote:Well, I NEARLY met you at Rollingstone cp a month or two ago – but you were out and about … If you are headed to our home state of SA we may catch up again, properly this time! Chris
Chris, we’ll look forward to that! We are slowly but surely heading for SA (although we’ve got a considerable distance to travel yet) and it would be great to catch up with you then. If you’re not on the road to somewhere yourself at that time, of course!

Cheers
Marg & Rob

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Doug and Glenda – Mount Isa

Post by Rob & Marg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 pm

isalot wrote:Hi Rob & Marg,
We met you in Mount Isa, dinner at the Buffs :) Since then we’ve been pretty busy, the Mount Isa rodeo is always a great week in August. We are counting down now until we leave next March and really can’t wait. Cheers for now Doug & Glenda x
Hi Doug and Glenda,
Ah yes, we remember that dinner well! A great night out. Here’s the photo again (I know we’ve already posted it elsewhere, but this thread seems to be a good place!)

We’d love to have caught a rodeo on our way around (well, it’s not over yet) but so far we’ve arrived just after one or we leave just before.
We can imagine how much you’re looking forward to March! Which way are you headed?
Cheers
Marg & Rob

Canzaus Kids
I’m new, be nice!

Post by Canzaus Kids » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 am

Hi Rob & Marg,
Well, look who it is, The Canzaus Kids, thought I would get onboard this Forum as well as my Blog! Hope you had an enjoyable evening celebrating Fathers Day.

We went out to the Argyle Dam & the Durack Homestead this mornign, fantastic places both of them. The dam is such a stunning shade of blue, almost like the Blue Lake at Mt Gambier. We had a picnic lunch at the dam alongside the river, lush green grass and shady trees, the sound of the spillwater in our ears and birds flitting and warbling in the trees, almost heaven.

We will be up before the birds tomorrow as we are going on a flight over the dam and The Bungle Bungles. Hope to catch up with you tomorrow.

Ciao for now,
Janet & (the sleeping) Bucko :razz:
Janet & Bucko – The Canzaus Kids
Gonewanderland, somewhere out on the Wallaby Track
Why not check out our Blog: http://onthewallabytrack.blogspot.com/

Rob & Marg
An old hand

CANZAUS Kids

Post by Rob & Marg » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:09 am

Canzaus Kids wrote:Hi Rob & Marg, Well, look who it is, The Canzaus Kids, thought I would get onboard this Forum as well as my Blog! Hope you had an enjoyable evening celebrating Fathers Day. Hope to catch up with you tomorrow. Ciao for now, Janet & (the sleeping) Bucko :razz:
Hi Janet (and Bucko, who is probably awake by now)
Glad you had a good day yesterday… sounds like the plan for today is more fun for the two of you! We’re off for the day too, after a nice dinner out last night for Father’s Day.
Here’s a pic of our two vans side by side at the Quarantine station at the NT/WA border… and you and Bucko smiling for the camera!
Catch up with you later…
Cheers
Marg & Rob

nsgnomad
An old hand

Post by nsgnomad » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi Rob & Marg,
Roger here. I am another person who mearly met you. It was very early in your trip and I had just finished reading your introductory article in C & M Magazine. I recognised your rig as you headed north on Gympie road at Narangba Qld. Very envious of you doing the trip but in a few years it will be our turn. Happy & safe travelling and look forward to reading of your exploits.
Regards,
Roger

Return to “Rob & Marg”