G’Day Everyone!

Chat to Rob & Marg during their trip around the block!
onslow
I’m new, be nice!

Re: G’Day Everyone!

Post by onslow » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Rob,
Enjoy the DVD’s.But a quick question.
We have a motor home and sometimes you will say that a road is a bit rough and to leave the van behind.If so,would the motor home be able to go over that road,or is it only for a 4 wheel drive.
Thanks and cheers,
Onslow.

Rob & Marg
An old hand
Location: Oak Flats, NSW – when we’re not on the highways of Australia!

Post by Rob & Marg » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 pm

onslow wrote:Hi Rob,
Enjoy the DVD’s.But a quick question.
We have a motor home and sometimes you will say that a road is a bit rough and to leave the van behind.If so,would the motor home be able to go over that road,or is it only for a 4 wheel drive.
Thanks and cheers,
Onslow.
G’Day Onlslow,
It’s hard to make a general call, but where we’ve stated it is a bit rough – it probably is most likely that you could take in your motorhome. Some of those places were, Gieke Gorge & Zbends at Kalbari. They weren’t 4wd only. However places like Gibb River Road & the road into the Bungle Bungles are rougher and maybe better suited to a 4wd, so best get some info about the conditions before you travel in – probably the local tourist info centre or the roads authority. Also talk with people in the van parks or camp spots as they will have some up to date info.
Cheers
Rob

Aussietraveler
Avid poster

Post by Aussietraveler » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Rob & Marg
we just received the latest magazine i was wondering you must be in Victoria by now .
are you doing Geelong and the coast

Andrew

Azhure
Avid poster

Post by Azhure » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

Just watched the Eyre Peninsula dvd and I found it was one of the best for a long time. This time it did seem to really be more about travelling in a caravan. Loved Rob swimming with the seals and tuna, the free camps you showed, and even you not catching any crabs.

I’m afraid we found the Margaret River one very disappointing, as non drinkers by the time we skipped through the endless parts on wineries etc there was very little left. It didn’t seem to have much to do with caravanning.

So we are hoping the ones to come are much more like the Eyre Peninsula one.

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:46 pm

I was surprised to see that you are selling your van Marg. Does that mean you have finished traveling completely or are you looking at an alternative to the current van??

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Boroma577 wrote:I was surprised to see that you are selling your van Marg. Does that mean you have finished traveling completely or are you looking at an alternative to the current van??
Hi there!

We have finished our year travelling around Oz!!!! I know, it seems amazing that we have finished… we got home on Tuesday, but because we work 3 months in advance (videos and mag) you have yet to see The Great Ocean Road, The Murray and the Snowy Mountains/Canberra/South Coast. (I think the Eyre Peninsula is just out.)

Caravan & Motorhome provided us with the caravan and tow vehicle… and now that we’re back home, they’re selling the van. A great buy for someone.. :-) We did have a lot of input into the layout & we were extremely happy with the finished product. We will miss the van.

Yes we still will be travelling, but for now it’ll be a little bit of time catching up with family & friends back here at home. Make sure you keep an eye out for us, as you never know where we’ll appear.

We’re still unpacking/settling back in (our son, DIL and 2 little granddaughters were in our house while we travelled, and they’re currently looking for a new rental) so it’s pretty busy here right now.

We plan on catching up on forum posts etc when we have had a few days to catch our collective breath… roll on Easter!

Now I’m off to watch The Biggest Loser and get some motivation to go back to the gym, lose weight and make up for all those happy hours…

Cheers
Marg :-)

Barry and Pam
Been here for a while

Post by Barry and Pam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Rob and Marg,
Thank you for your enjoyable DVD’s of your trip. Barry and I are about to do our half lap and we are leaving Sydney in about 2 weeks time. We have both watched the DVDs with great interest and are taking them on our trip to view again so we dont miss any of the wonderful parts of NT, WA and SA. We especially liked the last dvd on Freecamping as we will be doing that for the first time on this trip.

I saw your van is up for sale and my how I would love it!! I know it wouldn’t fit on our driveway so I can only dream.

Glad you made it home safely and what are you both going to do now?

Pam

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Barry and Pam wrote:Hi Rob and Marg,
Thank you for your enjoyable DVD’s of your trip. Barry and I are about to do our half lap and we are leaving Sydney in about 2 weeks time. We have both watched the DVDs with great interest and are taking them on our trip to view again so we dont miss any of the wonderful parts of NT, WA and SA. We especially liked the last dvd on Freecamping as we will be doing that for the first time on this trip. I saw your van is up for sale and my how I would love it!! I know it wouldn’t fit on our driveway so I can only dream. Glad you made it home safely and what are you both going to do now? Pam
Hi Pam,

How exciting that you’re off on an extended trip! Bet you can’t wait. There’s so much terrific stuff to see out there. We’ll be going back to visit a lot of places again, that’s for sure.

But not for a while! After a year on the road we need to think about what we’re going to do with the house… it’s too big for us now, so we’re going to buy something smaller (with plenty of room for a caravan!). We’ll need to repaint the house ready for sale etc etc, and we’ll both be doing a bit of part-time work while we’re planning where to go next. For the next six months we’ll probably just be doing shorter trips – anything from a long weekend to 10-14 days. Not sure where at this stage!

Cheers
Marg
Rob & Marg
Mazda BT50 & Royal Flair
http://www.margandrobcaravanning.com

Smokeydk
An old hand

Post by Smokeydk » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:11 pm

It was a pleasure watching your DVDs…so inspiring to get out there and see what you did

Thankyou both

Dave
Just get out there and enjoy

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com.au/

Geoff.Regent
Getting the hang of it

Post by Geoff.Regent » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:10 pm

Goodday Rob & Marg,
Been a while since I posted in, but see from above that you are home safe & sound !

Enjoyed all your DVD,s, so thanks to you both.
Its good to get a “fix” of ‘vanning when you are still at work.

Like my wife & I after our 2005 -round the block- we still relive the experiences all the time !

After a few months at home bet you get itchy feet ( or should that be wheels) to go again !

Thats again, & best wishes to you both.

Return to “Rob & Marg”