Caravan Club

Are you a member of a club? Tell us all about it!
gallagher4
I’m new, be nice!

Caravan Club

Post by gallagher4 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi all,
my name is Peta, I just recently bought a van, and fixing it up, curtains and little things like that. Looking to join a caravan club, so I can travel with others mainly for safety, as ill be running solo, any suggestions? Thanks :D

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Re: Another newbie

Post by Frank & Brenda » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:57 am

G’day Peta, welcome to the fold
Don’t know where you’re from so can’t say which group to go for but I’m sure if you Google caravan clubs in your area, something will come up, the ACC Australian Caravan Club is bound to have a branch near you

gallagher4
I’m new, be nice!

Post by gallagher4 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Thank Guys, i am excited about travelling this January, and have looked into a few options since my last post.
Have a great Christmas Cheers Peta

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:59 am

gallagher4 wrote:Thank Guys, i am excited about traveling this January, and have looked into a few options since my last post.
Have a great Christmas Cheers Peta
Hi Peta,
I have never joined a caravan club, but traveled in company with friends and it is a good way to start. Maybe a state or town in your profile might give members a suggestion as to clubs in your area.
Top left of page in “User control panel”
But there are national clubs as well. Club activities are not for everyone though and some of these thing get too much for me, especially those driven to constantly entertain. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

bigal42
Been here for a while

Re: Caravan Club

Post by bigal42 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:20 pm

I am a bit like Groucho Marx who Quoted ” I refuse to join a club that would have me for a member”

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:55 pm

This is a SSSLLLOOOWWWWWWWWWW thread, nearly a year between posts :shock:

EDIT
and now 2 in the one day :lol:

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:09 pm

I imagine a club would be a good way to help build confidence and learn some of the extra little bits of info you need once you do get out on the road.
Clubs aren’t for us anymore, not that we know it all, just that we’re not terribly sociable, we prefer our own company now.

It would be good if Peta could come back in and let us all know how they got on.

ahhhh, Frank……………………3 8-)

bigal42
Been here for a while

Post by bigal42 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Frank & Brenda wrote:This is a SSSLLLOOOWWWWWWWWWW thread, nearly a year between posts :shock:

EDIT
and now 2 in the one day :lol:
Sadly it is not the only slow thread.

GeeCee
Avid poster

Post by GeeCee » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:56 am

I thought about joining a caravan club after we were invited to a BBQ at a van park near Forster until I saw some of the activities that included dressing up in ridiculous outfits and wearing a name badge. I don’t need a name badge I can still remember who I am. At least for the time being.

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Yep idiots with name tags, damn hard to read you own name upside down too….
I have our name on the van though……A big help to identify the van.

I mean they all look alike don’t they. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Club Chat”