Save Your Silastic

Got some hints, tips and ideas about making life on the road easier? Post them here and help everyone out.
Old Techo

Re: Save Your Silastic

Post by Old Techo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Lance wrote:I've always just screwed a screw into the open nozzle and it seems to do the job, as long as it's a tight fit.
Similarly I've always used either a gal nail or a pop rivet to match the size of the nozzle hole.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Bussy

Re: Save Your Silastic

Post by Bussy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:49 am

Yes. Like everyone else, I used to use nails, screws, pop rivets etc. but it still went off near or around the seal and the nozzle would have to be cut off to a larger opening which is not always good if you still want a small bead size. Plus you are always looking around for an appropriate sized object to bung into the end. Too Fred Flintstone for me now.

Photo shows fine thread that the red caps screw onto to give proper seal. Look for the nozzles (in the bulk bin) with these threads when you next buy some silicon. Just remember to keep your red caps when you discard the used cartridge and nozzle.

Glanyard – yours are now on their way.

Cheers,
ALLAN
Attachments
Sikka fine thread for capping the nozzle (800x600).jpg (143 KiB) Viewed 23 times
Computer Engineer. 200Series TTD Altitude SE
Home building a 21.6ft off-roader called "The Taj Mah AL".
Steel Chassis, Simplicity Suspension, Aluminium Frame.
Paulownia Cabinetry, All 12 volt & Self Sufficient
When its finished WE retire.

Return to “Bright Ideas”