View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 using a s10 resmed sleep apnea machine on battery power 

Post using a s10 resmed sleep apnea machine on battery power
Hi all we are trying to work out if we can run my husbands new machine direct from the battery using an inverter or if we have to purchase the battery pack and just recharge every day as they only run for 8- 12 hours apparently. If anyone has had this problem and come up with a solution I would be very interested as he blew up the circuit board in his last machine trying to run it on 12 volt directly.

thanks Marylcarnely

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Post Re: using a s10 resmed sleep apnea machine on battery power
Hi Maryylcamely,
If it’s the model ResMed machine (ResMed Air Sense10 Autoset) that I had a look at on the net its maximum power is 104watts and typical power usage is 53watts (57VA).
http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/ … er_eng.pdf

The battery pack you are talking about must be large to run the machine for 10 to 12hrs or maybe I have the wrong machine I am looking at.

I would be using something like a 300watt pure sine wave inverter.

If you have a battery like say an AGM rated at 100AH’s you should be able to run the machine safely if running at its typical power (53W) for about 10hrs assuming the inverter and ResMed total running current is about 6amps or 72watts. After ten hours and starting with a fully charged battery the battery should still have some power left.

If you run the machine at max, 5hrs running time. If the machine is essential I would consider having a second inverter as a backup as some inverters are not to reliable.

Seems like an expensive exercise if he burnt the circuit board.

I have had nothing to do with these machines so it would be good if someone that uses one could give you the real story from experience.

JR
:razz:

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:18 pm

Post Re: using a s10 resmed sleep apnea machine on battery power
Buy a 12 adaptor. I ran a resmed for 4 nights at Bathurst 1000 on a 100 amp AGM batt and still had reserve

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]