Perth to Tasmania October

Freedom to explore this great country the way we want to
Motherhen

Re: Perth to Tasmania October

Post by Motherhen » Wed May 14, 2014 5:55 pm

The very best part of touring Tasmania is the locals. We went straight from the Spirit to meet new friends who had a small farm and welcomed us for as long as we wanted to stay. For our last night before leaving our host had rounded up three other caravanners (of our brand) and they put on a superb roast dinner including venison.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Tony48

Post by Tony48 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:44 pm

We have just returned from eleven weeks on Tassie. Absolutely amazing. Anything less would be a worry. But, hey, you have to do what you can with what you have. We got off the boat and went anti clockwise. Wonderful place. Currently on the Hume Hwy heading home. Oh dear, so much traffic.
Comments made by me (Tony) are not necessarily those of the Management (Lorraine).
Tony & Lorraine
2009 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 turbo diesel. Chip & exhaust.
2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

grae and deb

Post by grae and deb » Sun May 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi baz and Gil if your still planning and in line with what everyone has said, did tassie for 12 mths worked some’of the time but had a good spot to stay at long Ford and viewed it as our base camp ,,our thought then are plan to stay as long as you can if 7 -days is it then my comments would be , to pick a area of nth tassie and just two that area, there’s no way you,ll enjoy tassie trying to do it all , tips for nth tassie would be naratapanu Nat park not far from devenport ,heading nth west of course stanley, keep in mind the camping area has changed there due to cattle coming of boats, worth a look also montagu park a bit further up the road near smithton , then there’s black river camp’gound of the main road between stanley and smithton ,the list’is endless
The main thing is don’t try to do too much ,in the time you have ,
regards from Grae and Deb
van is a 26FT Western Homestead
our tow rig is our 2004 toyota landcruiser troopcarrier

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sun May 18, 2014 6:39 pm

tassie wombat wrote:Hey mate,if need a place to pull up for a few day down south,I’ve got plenty of room.
I got a similar message from “Tassied” when we went to see Tassie, we have become good friends

Return to “Free Camping”