View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Perth to Tasmania October 

Post Perth to Tasmania October
Hello All

Just planning a six week round trip from Perth to Tasmania leaving around Oct. We are thinking a week travel each way (Perth – Melbourne Rtn) before boarding the ferry and would like to know of any nice free camping area’s on the way.

Also do wondered if a week ( 7 days) was enough time or to much?

Any help would be great.

See you all out there.

:)

Baz and Gil

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Post Re: Perth to Tasmania October
Hi Baz and Gil – we spent two weeks getting there via the Great Ocean Road and four weeks return via the northern Flinders Ranges.

Campsites on the way included Narrung Peninsula jetty landing camp and the Sawpit campground near Narrawong in Victoria.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:11 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop
We spent 7 weeks in Tasmania and wasn’t anywhere near long enough
If you can make 2 weeks there 2 weeks back and at least 6 weeks there you’ll came back very tired but satisfied, 4 weeks will be a rush around

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:20 pm

My first plan was to take five weeks – four annual leave plus the holidays around Christmas/New Year. I decided it would be a waste of fuel and ferry costs. We took three months with the travels to and fro, and seven weeks in Tasmania; six would be a bare minimum. I call our short tour "A taste of Tasmania". We saw a bit of a lot, but missed a lot more places we would have liked to have seen. A wonderful trip.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:53 pm
Profile WWW

Motherhen wrote:
Hi Baz and Gil – we spent two weeks getting there via the Great Ocean Road and four weeks return via the northern Flinders Ranges.

Campsites on the way included Narrung Peninsula jetty landing camp and the Sawpit campground near Narrawong in Victoria.

Hello Motherhen
Thanks for the tips I will look them up. How long did you spend in Tassie? Was it long enough? From replies so far it appears 4 weeks may be to little.

:???:

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 am

Frank & Brenda wrote:
We spent 7 weeks in Tasmania and wasn’t anywhere near long enough
If you can make 2 weeks there 2 weeks back and at least 6 weeks there you’ll came back very tired but satisfied, 4 weeks will be a rush around

Hello Frank & Brenda

Thanks for the info. It sounds like we will have to do some planning as we only have the 6 weeks off work. Still all part of the adventure.

Happy travels

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:02 am

We have just come back from Tassie.. Spent 13 weeks on the island and managed to see most of it. For the cost of return on ferry, I would really recommend minimum 12weeks.
Regards
Keith & Maggie

TRITON GLXR 4X4 TWINCAB UTE
GEIST XK 485 CARAVAN
http://www.seeyatamorra.blogspot.com/

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:08 am
Profile WWW

Keith & Maggie wrote:
We have just come back from Tassie.. Spent 13 weeks on the island and managed to see most of it. For the cost of return on ferry, I would really recommend minimum 12weeks.
Regards
Keith & Maggie

I totally agree; we have been twice. The first time in 2003 we stayed 5 weeks then in 2009 it was for 8 weeks and I don’t think we have seen it all. My B-I-L went for 8 weeks and saw/visited places we haven’t and vise versa.
We hope to live long enough to go again only this time it will be for at least 3 months and better planned.
glanyard

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Seven week – six weeks full on touring, and a few days visiting friends former and new.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm
Profile WWW

Hey mate,if need a place to pull up for a few day down south,I’ve got plenty of room.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next