View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  13, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Is free-camping killing caravan parks? 

Post Re: Is free-camping killing caravan parks?
JayDee wrote:
I have contacted the CMCA association ( Caravan motorhome camping association) and I have been told that I can not join the club, as I have a caravan and the CMCA is only for motorhomes. However I can become an Associate member.

I am really only wanting to be a member of the CMCA so I can have my voice heard re the right to "Free Camping" and hoping the CMCA will lobby a lot harder with the authorities to have this to come to pass.

I have not made up my mind if I should join as an Associate.

Jay&Dee

Hi Jay&Dee.
Just going back to your post.
Caravan Motorhome and Camping Association.(CMCA)
Where did you get that from. :?: :???:

It’s actually Campervan Motorhome Club of Australia (CMCA)

And if you join as an "Associate member" you have all the benefits of a full member except you cannot vote at the AGM, and you’re restricted to one major rally.but you can attend chapter rallies and gatherings anytime.
And for your information, only about 10% of Full members vote and around the same number attend major rallies, so in actual fact you would just be like 90% of full members. :D

Http://www.travellerschat.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:40 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for that info Alan 41.
Jay&dee

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:49 pm

therodgersplace wrote:
Thanks for that info Alan 41.
Jay&dee

You’re very welcome.
:D
Up until last year I was a member since 2000.

Al.

Http://www.travellerschat.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re:
The title of this thread is

Is free-camping killing caravan parks?

I really believe that the title could well be

Are Caravan Parks killing Free Camping?"??.

The authorities are certainly do not support the freedom of choice here.

It is easy for the park owners to sit on their ass and complain, but they have or are trying to destroy the hotel and motel accommodation with in their respective regions.

A caravan park should be just that, no cabins allowed, then let’s see what reaction we get from the park owners. I am 100% for Freedon of choice.
Jay&Dee

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 am

Post Re: Re:
therodgersplace wrote:
A caravan park should be just that, no cabins allowed, then let’s see what reaction we get from the park owners.
Jay&Dee

I’d also like to see their reaction if the local Motelier protested that the CP cabins was taking business away from their Motel

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 am

I’d love to hear everyones opinion on whether free-camping is having a bad effect on caravan parks in Australia.

Are parks pricing themselves out of the market?

Yes for my money they are killing themselves. Price is one concern but the so called services which many prople do not want are jacking up the prices.

Do you free-camp or use van parks? Why?

Free Camp and only go to a park when nothing else available or for washing machines and water

Should more councils be providing free-camps and ammenities to attract RVers?

Definitely, through the trend seems to be to close their amenities because of complaints from CP owners

The worst part about CP’s and Free Camping sites are the "ugly travellers". Been everywhere, done that and in a very loud and carrying voice. Then they get offended when you decline to join them at "Beer o’clock". There needs to be a hermit section to both CP’s and free camps, just like child free shopping days at supermarkets.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:36 pm

crumpette wrote:
I’d love to hear everyones opinion on whether free-camping is having a bad effect on caravan parks in Australia.

Are parks pricing themselves out of the market?

Yes for my money they are killing themselves. Price is one concern but the so called services which many prople do not want are jacking up the prices.

Do you free-camp or use van parks? Why?

Free Camp and only go to a park when nothing else available or for washing machines and water

Should more councils be providing free-camps and ammenities to attract RVers?

Definitely, through the trend seems to be to close their amenities because of complaints from CP owners

The worst part about CP’s and Free Camping sites are the "ugly travellers". Been everywhere, done that and in a very loud and carrying voice. Then they get offended when you decline to join them at "Beer o’clock". There needs to be a hermit section to both CP’s and free camps, just like child free shopping days at supermarkets.

Hello Crumpette,
New to the forum are you? Or are you new to the writing staff? Or both.
Welcome!
glanyard

Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi All,

Are caravan park cabins killing the motel industry?

Blog: http://www.deniseandbarrysblog.blogspot.com

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm

coxy45 wrote:
I feel that caravan parks in certain areas are driving us to Free camping , take the Kimberley & Pilbara in WA IE Broome caravan parks are now charging up to $65 per night & Port Hedland $59 pn.
Those prices are way out of the line for the average Grey Nomad & have greatly encouraged me into Free Camping on our trips away.

Hi Coxy45…
I totally agree with you … Accom. cost at that rate would be around $450 per week. That must be some where around a weekly pension pay rate.
what chance do we the grey nomads have against that sort of fee.
I am a great advocate for bush camping, and will fight for same when and where ever I can.
No doubt the increased costs being charged and therefore the future lack of suppor3t for C.Parks will see this fight continue on long into the future.
So bring it on Mr Caravan Park owner!!!!!
Jay&Dee

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:34 am

I was at Warnambool 4 weeks ago. I pulled into the show grounds and was turned away. I was told that the Council has stopped camping at the show grounds and that we would have to stay at a CP. the CP lobbyist have won another round.
Sid

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  13, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next