View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Grandcruiser Caravans 

Post Grandcruiser Caravans
Hi All,
My husband & I have owned a Grandcruiser 2450 since 2012. We absolutely love it!! We have been caught in horrendous weather conditions and it did not even faze this caravan. We felt quite at ease knowing we were safe in this remarkably strong fibreglass van. Our van is so strong that you can actually walk on the roof, which my husband has done on several occasions to put the cover on. It is well insulated with the fibreglass/foam composite sandwich and insulated one piece floor. The interior is modern. Top of the line appliances, queen size innerspring mattress, apartment size ensuite..extra large shower. It also has a large comfortable club lounge so we can both stretch our legs out whist we watch television or read. Please check out their website www.grandcruiser.com.au for more details.
Happy Caravanning!
Robin

Mon May 05, 2014 11:52 am

Post Re: Grandcruiser Caravans
Yep! they’ve certainly come along way since their inception.
One of a handful of manufactures who have move their construction techniques into the 21st century and not just tizzied up 1970 – 80 designed vans.
Ozjohn.

Mon May 05, 2014 11:56 am

robin wrote:
Hi All,
My husband & I have owned a Grandcruiser 2450 since 2012. We absolutely love it!! We have been caught in horrendous weather conditions and it did not even faze this caravan. We felt quite at ease knowing we were safe in this remarkably strong fibreglass van. Our van is so strong that you can actually walk on the roof, which my husband has done on several occasions to put the cover on. It is well insulated with the fibreglass/foam composite sandwich and insulated one piece floor. The interior is modern. Top of the line appliances, queen size innerspring mattress, apartment size ensuite..extra large shower. It also has a large comfortable club lounge so we can both stretch our legs out whist we watch television or read. Please check out their website http://www.grandcruiser.com.au for more details.
Happy Caravanning!
Robin

Hi Robin are these made in Australia we are trying to sort a lightweight van with shower and toilet so far most we’ve looked at like Adria etc are European made and we are worried about backup service if something goes wrong like needing parts.

Mon May 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Woodpecker,
Check out www.leisurecaravans.com.au, they are made in the US. They are lightweight with a Tare Weight of 1260 for an 18 footer with separate toilet & shower. No worries about warranty.

Mon May 05, 2014 1:27 pm

woodpecker,
If you looking for a light weight Euro style van made in Australia then have a look at Jurgens.
Top- quality product with good after sales warranty service.
Ozjohn.

Mon May 05, 2014 7:22 pm

ozjohn wrote:
woodpecker,
If you looking for a light weight Euro style van made in Australia then have a look at Jurgens.
Top- quality product with good after sales warranty service.
Ozjohn.

Hi there Ozjohn yeah they are on the shortlist but i thought they were made in Sth Africa and then assembled here i haven’t done allot of research yet.My brother in law has the Jurgens Sungazer and so far he is happy with it.Only just purchased and he has just starting doing some dirt National park roads so he is the Guinea Pig.I know there not dedicated offroaders but want to see how they hold up with some dirt driving.

Sat May 10, 2014 9:06 am

Hi Fellow Grand Cruiser owners

just purchased GC 1750 XTrax off road at the Penrith show, great van and great value.
will collect in about 6 months, our choice.
Our first time with van, looking to slowly start and then aim for the big circuit

Gary & Tina

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Attachment:
IMG-20150103-WA0002.jpg
Hi all

actually we have upgraded to the GC2150 Platinum. we were negotiating some additions when in the yard was a demo 2150 with everything we needed and could be fitted. The price was right and the van is perfect.
Had the GC guys install the Korean wall mounted washing machine, works a dream and so quiet and water efficient.
The McHitch and the DMax tug makes pulling this van around a breeze. looking forward to heaps more travel time to enjoy. Pic of the Dmax and Van in Wagga over the new year.

The after sales service we have received from Grand Cruiser at Belmont has been exceptional. looking forward to catching up with fellow GC owners

Gary & Tina

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]