View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 our new rig 

Post Re: our new rig
Yes rredeak we will be using her. We normally go away each year for 4 to 5 months. Not sure when the shakedown will be Frank I have just started vintage so it will be a few months yet. Regards Wayne.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Wayne,
theres roughing it then theres you and Di.

in our travells we only stay at freecamps,keeps costs down.and weve seen some massive transporters even a refrigerated pan semi with slideouts.

the WILDEST thing ive ever seen was a massive motorhome,has to be 40′.pulled into the freecamp we were already in.just over the way from us but in full view.

Firstly the slideout buzzed,then the awning.then the guy brings out a maybe 6m by 6m roll of carped and rolls it out on the ground.THEN they bring out 6 LARGE potplants,each shoulder height on the guy.they spaced them evenly along the awning.next the maybe 4M table n fold out chairs.They sat there drinking what looks like champagne [maybe lemonade another camper said to me].

I LOVE laying in bed till midday.when i got up the motorhome had gone. My wife said 6.30AM they started packing up…

Now,in fairness it made them HAPPY so thats great.but im willing to bet we’ll soon pass giant pot plants on the sides of the highway ROFL.

so why did i put that here,EASY, its your life ,do your own thing and enjoy travel,theres nothing over the top "out there".

you truly have a magnificent setup.enjoy..

Cheers Rod

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 pm

rredbeak wrote:
I LOVE laying in bed till midday.
You slacker Rod :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Geeeez… I get restless by 0700 having finished a cuppa and watched the TV news, so to last till 0800 is just impossible. Well before 0800 I’ve showered, read the paper, had breakfast, logged on, processed emails and wondered what will fall off my personal job list for today. I just can’t sit around let alone lay around :(

I hate being in bed. Not much point being there as a decent sleep is hard to come by :roll:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 pm

OT,
well its obvious your mum never used your handle to lift you out of the bath..LOL.

i understand some ppl have the NEED to be active n get the day started early,BUT,surely you dont mean while youre away travelling??

IF youre moving on that day then its understandable but if youre staying a few days,then how do you keep yourself occupied the whole day without doubling up on some things?

IF we’re moving on in the morning im up at about 8am cause i have a need,but im grumpy,then stopping for lunch i slowly wake up n wonder how we got here rofl…but otherwise ill watch the news while in bed for awhile.

dont you like channel flicking ,deciding if its important enough for you to watch?but i draw the line with morning kid shows. "theres a bear in there"..geez i knew that bear was there yesterday……………..

cheers rod

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Rod, my handle was far too small :lol:

I can’t change my ways, travelling or not. Can’t get to sleep before 2300 and can’t stay asleep after between 0530 and 0630. Through the night I wake up every 1 to 2 hours. Always the same. The only thing I watch on morning TV is the news and I hate weekends coz no news till 0700 so I have to wait.

I don’t have any need to get the day started early but I’m bored witless once I’m awake. I’m the same through the day. Can’t sit or stay in one place for very long. Gotta keep moving, like a grazing moo cow.

Sure… I get damned tired at times through the day after a poor night’s sleep but I flatly refuse to take a nap. Naps are for old people and I’m only 72. I haven’t been in bed once between brekkie and dinner for at least 20 years. The last time would have been when I cracked my ankle bone and couldn’t walk.

When we are travelling, even for 3 months, there is so much packed into our trip that we have little time to lay about. That’s how I like it though. As I said, can’t sit still or I get toey and when we travel we enjoy it most when we do what we want – and that’s not sitting about reading a book. The last book I read was Treasure Island or the Secret Seven… maybe 60 years ago.

Travelling styles are what people want and enjoy. Fortunately there are no rules so each of us can make the best of the moment. We are all different – you and I are great examples. As long as you enjoy your routine that’s all that matters ;-)

PS… I think we are off-topic :oops:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 pm

youre not alone OT,
theres many out there doing your routine so youve got good company out there.
Some i hear leaving before sunrise,must have a long day driving .but at times we see them again in our next camp 300-400 up the road.so early for some didnt really do anything.

Dwane,
Apologies for seemilngly off topic but its a insight into how and what opposites do OUT THERE LOL.

cheers rod

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:29 am

rredbeak wrote:
Some i hear leaving before sunrise…
NEVER us :roll:

By 0800 is very rare, usually 0930-1000.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:45 am

me too

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:58 pm

You are all slack!
I am up at 0445 for the first coffee and for the 9 news at 0500. The flag is raised at sun up.
Unfortunately it is left over from Army days and I don’t like looking at the ceiling.
That is the best part of the day anyway; she is still in bed and I’m out the front-quiiiiet. :D
glanyard

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:16 pm

glanyard theres something wrong with you mate.its still dark at that hour.lol.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next