Hi and thanks,

New to the C&M forum? Post here to introduce yourself to the gang!
Manders
I’m new, be nice!

Hi and thanks,

Post by Manders » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Short note to say thanks for accepting me.
I am keen to learn as much as possible in preparation to become a (excited and proud to say) Solo Female Not-So-Grey-Yet Nomad.
I have not yet even acquired my mobile ‘forever home’. However I have been purging stuff and gathering all I can to pass onto the grown kids.
I have a book I have been gathering all my plans and info in.
And now interested in picking whatever brains I can on this site…..and it looks like you all are quite knowledgeable :idea: :razz:
I do want a Motorhome, likely will have approx $50k to live with and begin my lifestyle with. ( My half of the house).
Will want to take 1 or 2 of the grandkids when they have school holidays, depending how close to them I am at the time. No pets at this stage.
Have an electrician friend and also knows his mechanics and I am contemplating buy cheap, redo/personalise the inside myself.
While I do that I will take the 6months ( at my age) to get my learners then P plates.
That is right, I don’t even drive yet :D
After being carer for 20 years to my partner and Mum and Dad are now gone, it is me time.
I think that sums me up for now…low budget and individual, independent me!
Bye for now :D

rredbeak
Major contributor

Re: Hi and thanks,

Post by rredbeak » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Manders,

theres a LOT of single lady travellers out there.
there may even be a website or FB page for them..

The bulk ive seen all uses converted busses like coasters that have grills over side windows..im not putting you off,only its what most common seem to be doing..

the ONLYexception ive seen was a lady travelling down west coast same time as us. she only had a sedan car n lived in her swag bout 100 meters from car…she always parked next to us as it looked like family group..she had no issues bout it…

either way i hope you get exactly what ypou like first time and enjoy yoursel.. many happy safe Travells.. Rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

jock
Rising star

Post by jock » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:19 am

Welcome Manders….I wish you all the best for your new great adventure. Do not hesitate to ask the Forum any question..no matter how trivial. Lots of ‘experts’ here.

Jock :)

Collyn
Been here for a while

Post by Collyn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:17 am

Manders

A good buy is a converted Toyota Coaster – ultra-reliable.

Suggest you join the CMCA (Campervan & Motorhome Club of Australia). It has about 35,000 vehicle members and a Solo Chapter that has a substantial number of women members, many travelling full time on the road. I know some of them and have found them extremely friendly.

Trust this may assist

Colyn
The problem is not what people do not know, it is what they think they know that simply isn’t true.

muzz_on_line
An old hand

Post by muzz_on_line » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 pm

I know some of them and have found them extremely friendly.

Colyn
Colyn – you made me blush! :oops:

Muzz

PS Welcome Manders

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:45 pm

Welcome Manders
That’s also our daughter’s (Amanda) nick name
There are many members here who’s brains you can pick (some don’t have much to start with, so be careful who’s you pick) :lol: we’ll be happy to help

We have met many solo women travelers, so you certainly won’t be alone in that
For around $50K you will get something really nice
There is a FB site I am on, Caravan and camping – Buy swap and sell, where there are a number of motorhomes as well as equipment

Good luck in your endeavor and you never know we may meet you out there somewhere

Manders
I’m new, be nice!

Post by Manders » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi all once again,
Thank you very kindly for all your replies , and I have taken note of your names in the hopes that maybe we will cross paths :razz: :D . Some very good ideas.
I have maybe overdone it but have joined up with ….erm….. 8-) ….29 pages on Facebook lol.
Thanks again , when I am ready I will start picking chosen brains lol :lol:

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi and welcome Manders. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “FIRST STOP!…. Say G’Day … introduce yourself”