View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jayco Heritage 

Post Jayco Heritage
Hi, my wife and I purchased a Heritage 26ft. in 2004. We have made a number of trips around W.A and we did a 4 month trip around SouthAustralia which was fantastic.We are very happy with the van but are now having a few problems with anything plastic. The first was the extrator fan in the shower which exploded into a million of pieces, now we find that each time we go out in the van the down lights are beginning to fall apart. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and was wondering if these parts are sourced from America and as is the norm over there they are only made to last 5 years.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Hearty Welcome to the forum.

As for things blowing apart etc,ive heard of shower fans exploding but thought it was a rare occasion.

Whats a down light please ?

Cheers Rod

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Post jayco heritage
Hi Topiarius we have a Jayco Sterling 22ft and previous to that we had Jayco Westport and have had no problems with either we were more than satified with both vans and are very good value.Your problem might be a isolated one, although the show fan ican understand as it is exposed to sunlight through the top hatch.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:46 pm
replaced the toilet fan with two 12volt computer fans they are quieter and draw less power much cheaper too. replaced the down lights with australian made flouro lights 12volt 20 watt. A little more expensive but replacement globes are cheap and they last longer.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Topiarius,

Hearty Welcome to the forum.

As for things blowing apart etc,ive heard of shower fans exploding but thought it was a rare occasion.

Whats a down light please ?

Cheers Rod

Thanks Rod, the down lights are fitted under the bulkhead cupboards.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Post Jayco
Hi I also owned a 26 foot Jayco Heritage only had it 18 months it would not have done 10,000km and things were falling off and cracking just poorly put together no one wanted to know we did not want to risk it traveling around Australia so we sold it and bought a new Supreme Territory.

Cheers Ray & Glen
200 series Sahara TTD & 20FT Supreme Territory

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 pm

A few our of friends who are more experienced with caravans than my wife and I suggested we avoid Jayco, nothing specific, just avoid them. Perhaps they are made from cheaper imported parts? Just a theory

Aussie1952 wrote:
Hi I also owned a 26 foot Jayco Heritage only had it 18 months it would not have done 10,000km and things were falling off and cracking just poorly put together no one wanted to know we did not want to risk it traveling around Australia so we sold it and bought a new Supreme Territory.

Cheers Ray & Glen
200 series Sahara TTD & 20FT Supreme Territory

Blog: http://ourcaravanadventures.blogspot.com/

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 pm
Profile ICQ

Hi Topiarius,I don't think it is just Jayco.
I bought a fan new, and told the sales people I wanted to install it into a proposed new shower area.He said no worries this is the one that Jayco and all the manufacturers use:Took it home and opened it and the first thing that fell out was a piece of paper with "Do not install in a shower area."
Of course I took it back and bought a decent fan but three times the cost.

Sorry but if you can't give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:56 pm

we bought a new jayco 18ft last year and the covers kept falling off the lights.our jayco dealer replaced them under warranty with better quality lights.why the cheaper lights were there in the first place i don't know as all other similar models i have seen have had the better quality lights fitted.
rocan

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:00 am

I too own a heritage van I have replaced fan blades over show,plastic hatch over shower, these are parts that we should not complain about. As these same parts are probably fitted to more expensive vans. You could try using white paint to paint the hatches to protect from the sun.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next