Sanford Music Festival - Vic - March 8-10 2019

Lance
Rising star

Sanford Music Festival - Vic - March 8-10 2019

Post by Lance » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:51 pm

The Sandford Bush Festival is a Celebration of Bush & Country living focusing on music, bush-crafts, art and local culture.
This memorable event will be held from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th March 2019 (Labour Day Long Weekend). Bush Ballads, Folk, Gospel, Celtic, Reggae, Bluegrass and Aussie Country music are performed by professionals, semi-professionals, amateurs and hopefuls including some very talented younger performers.
As well as the music there is Bush Poetry, Country Crafts, Jam Sessions, Art Exhibitions, Trade Stalls, Food Vendors and much more.

https://www.sandfordfestival.com/

Anyone taking their Autoharps ? ;-)
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: Sanford Music Festival - Vic - March 8-10 2019

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:36 am

looks good Lance.... I might stay at Ess lagoon....might be a bit quieter. just saying.... :)

Festival Site Camping
If you really want to get the feel of the festival this is the way to go. We expect that the camping area jam sessions will develop into a most enjoyable feature of the weekend.
Around 100 campsites suitable for tents, swags, camper vans, camping trailers or caravans are available at the festival site from Midday Thursday 7th to Midday Monday 11th.
• Standard site = 9m x 9m . . . . $30 Per site for the duration (Thur – Mon) ~ Suitable for caravans & large tents.
• Half site = 9m x 4.5m . . . . $20 Per site for the duration (Thur – Mon) ~ Suitable for small tents, swags etc.
In the event of a sellout, sites will be allocated in the order that bookings were received (ie. first in, first served). Water is available at the club rooms. Showers & toilets are available at the club rooms. Unpowered sites only. No water connected to sites. No waste water disposal facilities on sites (bucket ok). Accommodation, (including guy ropes & pegs) car and all possessions must be contained within the allocated site. No open fires allowed on sites (still in fire season). Keep noise to a dull roar.
We have no idea how many visitors will be choosing this option so early bookings are recommended.

A Note Concerning Dogs:
We all love dogs and naturally you love yours most of all. . . and that’s the way it should be. However, please keep yours on a lead in the camping area and away from the under-cover festival venues and food service areas altogether. Makes life simpler for all. Thanks.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Just be there Paul. ;-)
This is a fairly new event on the festival calendar and will be our first year there.
It's apparently a smallish group and won't be too outlandish.
Have a look at the gallery of pics, that will usually give you an idea of the crowd size and demographic.

I'm hoping to drag in a couple of newbie Autoharp players to put on a bit of a 'tribute' to a mate.
In the pics you'll see Ed playing an A/h, he taught me and Anne and lots of others.
Unfortunately Ed won't be there this year, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor only 2 weeks ago after another festival at Girgarre.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in that regard.

Mark it in Paul 8-)
Lance & Anne

SLWB HiAce Campervan

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:40 pm

I am there Lance just deciding on the camp spot. If i get there a few days early I can do some fishing and the dump point is in town any way.
I'm sick of getting mobbed once i start playing......

I mean just say stop....no need to mob a bloke and chuck him out.... :lol:
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 pm

dieseltojo wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:40 pm
I am there Lance just deciding on the camp spot. If i get there a few days early I can do some fishing and the dump point is in town any way.
I'm sick of getting mobbed once i start playing......

I mean just say stop....no need to mob a bloke and chuck him out.... :lol:
That wouldn't happen if ya left ya bluddy banjo at home.......... :lol:
Lance & Anne

SLWB HiAce Campervan

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:29 am

Who said any thing about a banjo....I find folks like the soothing sound of my 30 inch base drum. :lol:
1929 Pop Top

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:36 am

Much prefer a bass drum to a Banjo. :mrgreen:
Lance & Anne

SLWB HiAce Campervan

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Just an update... I thought I would book in to the festival parking after all. The event is 30 days away.

But in the area of ticket sales the parking was unavailable. Ringing up the folks there, they were unaware they sold so quickly (60 sites sold) and will open the paddock next door.

They are going to update the site this afternoon they said.

Sound like a good place to visit folks.
1929 Pop Top

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:22 am

Gooday Paul, you still at Sandford ?
Lance & Anne

SLWB HiAce Campervan

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am

Sorry I missed your post Lance. Yep Bringing the Guitar.....We will arrive on the Thursday.

I have suffered for my music and might just share some pain. My van site is in the main area and has Paul & Trudi on it so I don't get lost.

Just in case folks want to come this is the weather for this festival time. I just looked it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1929 Pop Top

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Weather looks great for Sandford.

We're at Boolarra this weekend.....Fri 38, Sat 38, Sun 38................... not 8-) ............
Lance & Anne

SLWB HiAce Campervan

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Yep too hot for Trudi and I. Keep the drinks coming .... :)
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:24 pm

Just thought I might show what it was like camping at the event in Sandford. They rented out a whole sporting showground and put us all in the oval. The blue topped tent (pictured) had much of the entertainment.

Another similar tent was also used, and for the first time that I have been to these events they asked us to play along if we wanted too, in their sessions. To add to that we had one hour long daily jam sessions and also showed us how to play along with other players.

I have never seen so many folks actually helping new ones to play their instruments. I am talking fiddles, guitars, mandolins, ukuleles, auto Harps, mouth organs, accordions, any thing you like.

Facilities were just transportable toilets, plenty of rubbish bins, and water on site. A dump point was 6 klm away in the town of Casterton. With a self contained van it was paradise. :) In a tent you had no problems either. There were plenty of onsite food vans as well from fish and chips to roast spuds and hamburgers.

Last but not least they have a pub on the premises; like no pub you have ever seen. It has an 8 foot long bar and a huge open area that they locals use as a bush band playroom, where the sit around at tables playing along to any song that comes to mind. Celtic Irish , folk, country.

Also they have speakers and microphones all set up and have open mike sessions for anyone willing to get up. Just put your name on the board and you don't even need a manager. :) One has-been that never was, got up with his buddy and did the poorest blues number you could imagine. :lol:

Folks, the pub started at 6 pm and went to 12 pm most nights. No fights, poetry read, songs sung, drinks drunk, and not a bad word among this whole lot for 4 days.

Any way I cant say I did the place justice in a photography sense, but I will just show you the cleanest quietest camp you will ever see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1929 Pop Top

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 pm

....and then come 11pm, they let the rednecks in................
20190310_221153 (Small).jpg
Lance & Anne

SLWB HiAce Campervan

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 pm

But wait there's more..... After Sandford we took a 7 klm trip into Casterton. It is a historic town and used to get all its potable water from Ess lagoon. We stayed for a couple of days here.

Now if you didn't like the Sandford show grounds as a camping spot and didn't mind the 7 klm trip, you can camp here for 30 days free. No facilities except one rubbish bin or even water, but the dump point is 500 metres away and also water.
Folks I want for no more. You can walk 400 metres into the town for supplies.

Kelpies were made famous due to Casterton and the famed Kelpie Trail is right along the Ess lagoon.

Any a few pics to show you if you do plan a trip that-a -way. :)
Sorry fr the miss spelling of that great dog....
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:15 pm

Crikey Lance, your up late I thought I would finish the trip notes.... :)

I had to show the pre-historic Goana we spotted in the laogon about to swallow a duck.
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:55 pm

Hehe that pic you put in Lance shows they let any one up to the mike... :lol:
1929 Pop Top

Return to “Festivals and Events”