Sanford Music Festival - Vic - March 8-10 2019

Lance
Rising star

Re: Sanford Music Festival - Vic - March 8-10 2019

Post by Lance » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Weather looks great for Sandford.

We're at Boolarra this weekend.....Fri 38, Sat 38, Sun 38................... not 8-) ............
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Yep too hot for Trudi and I. Keep the drinks coming .... :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:24 pm

Just thought I might show what it was like camping at the event in Sandford. They rented out a whole sporting showground and put us all in the oval. The blue topped tent (pictured) had much of the entertainment.

Another similar tent was also used, and for the first time that I have been to these events they asked us to play along if we wanted too, in their sessions. To add to that we had one hour long daily jam sessions and also showed us how to play along with other players.

I have never seen so many folks actually helping new ones to play their instruments. I am talking fiddles, guitars, mandolins, ukuleles, auto Harps, mouth organs, accordions, any thing you like.

Facilities were just transportable toilets, plenty of rubbish bins, and water on site. A dump point was 6 klm away in the town of Casterton. With a self contained van it was paradise. :) In a tent you had no problems either. There were plenty of onsite food vans as well from fish and chips to roast spuds and hamburgers.

Last but not least they have a pub on the premises; like no pub you have ever seen. It has an 8 foot long bar and a huge open area that they locals use as a bush band playroom, where the sit around at tables playing along to any song that comes to mind. Celtic Irish , folk, country.

Also they have speakers and microphones all set up and have open mike sessions for anyone willing to get up. Just put your name on the board and you don't even need a manager. :) One has-been that never was, got up with his buddy and did the poorest blues number you could imagine. :lol:

Folks, the pub started at 6 pm and went to 12 pm most nights. No fights, poetry read, songs sung, drinks drunk, and not a bad word among this whole lot for 4 days.

Any way I cant say I did the place justice in a photography sense, but I will just show you the cleanest quietest camp you will ever see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 pm

....and then come 11pm, they let the rednecks in................
20190310_221153 (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 pm

But wait there's more..... After Sandford we took a 7 klm trip into Casterton. It is a historic town and used to get all its potable water from Ess lagoon. We stayed for a couple of days here.

Now if you didn't like the Sandford show grounds as a camping spot and didn't mind the 7 klm trip, you can camp here for 30 days free. No facilities except one rubbish bin or even water, but the dump point is 500 metres away and also water.
Folks I want for no more. You can walk 400 metres into the town for supplies.

Kelpies were made famous due to Casterton and the famed Kelpie Trail is right along the Ess lagoon.

Any a few pics to show you if you do plan a trip that-a -way. :)
Sorry fr the miss spelling of that great dog....
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:15 pm

Crikey Lance, your up late I thought I would finish the trip notes.... :)

I had to show the pre-historic Goana we spotted in the laogon about to swallow a duck.
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:55 pm

Hehe that pic you put in Lance shows they let any one up to the mike... :lol:
1929 Pop Top

Return to “Festivals and Events”