Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: Why we can't compete with China

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:10 pm

He, He, I have another option.
My past son in law has a plastic producing factory,and stuff that is contaminated and unusable goes into the bin to the tip.

But we had a Chinese gent come by and take any thing we had / ABS mixed with polly or not. It didn't matter. He said the will sort it out in china.

Well when the downturn came the chines now find their docks are full of our unwanted crap. The yen has risen in that place and it is becoming uneconomical to sort the plastics even by their standard.

But slowly they are getting on top of it. Remember the got it for peanuts. They are making the impossible real and using the stuff up.

And exporting it back to us..... :lol:

We had two little blokes show up to help me install an extruder, (yes I know I am a plumber, but this is a side line,) and they were the nicest blokes on the planet. The boss one put a head piece on the machine upside down and as I was watching I elbowed his lowly assistant. The boss man saw it then and we all laughed our heads off. As I said the nicest blokes.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Gerry M
An old hand

Re: Why we can't compete with China

Post by Gerry M » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:02 pm

Not sure if you are aware, but A Chinese Water Company has been a major sponsor at the Australian Open for 2 years now.

All the Official Bottled Water has come from China.

Not really the first country I think of when it comes to Pure water or anything else.
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Return to “Video/Youtube Channel”