Motor home concern

Post here for discussion on model specific Caravans & Motohomes
nsgnomad
An old hand

Re: Motor home concern

Post by nsgnomad » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:11 pm

Lance wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:47 pm
:o ..............yeah..........so how come there's a 'd' in fridgie.................DUH.............. :roll:

:mrgreen: ;-)
I usually keep foo D in mine. :lol:

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:20 pm

I acknowledge the posted fridge manufacturer recommendations re travelling with gas on - thank you.

What really peeves me is when a manufacturer makes a statement (for their own litigation avoidance convenience) that they don't bother to explain why. To avoid endless speculation and opinion from the punters all would be crystal clear if they said don't do this because of X, Y and Z. If they did explain then steps could be taken to avoid or mitigate X, Y and Z.

We also have safety related manufacturers' statements re the carrying capacity of tugs and caravans. Many owners have little idea whether they comply. Some just don't care. Some even know damned well they are overweight.

Perhaps it is just too convenient for us all to comply when it suits us and bugga the compliance when it doesn't :roll:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Old Techo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:01 pm
dieseltojo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:29 pm
Actually it is not wise to leave the fridge on if you are a caravan gloss sprayer either. In Bayswater a bloke sprayed a caravan with out checking and burned down his work shop; and the van.
Rod told us all here about the time he used a can of flyspray through the vents of his fridge.

He got a whoooooffff !!! too ;-)
I'll say ....I had a similar result spraying olive oil on a going Weber Barby..... We used to call petrol Woof wood. Best fire starter going.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Gerry M
Cracked the big time

Post by Gerry M » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:39 pm

If memory serves me, back in 1976 when I got my gas licence, there was concern about the propane flame impinging of other components and creating carbon monoxide.

There is also a regulatory requirement to comply with Manufacturer's Instructions.

Here is a point of view from the Yanks.

https://rvmiles.com/is-it-safe-to-run-y ... e-driving/

Regards Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Return to “Caravans and Motorhomes (RVs)”