Where are you NOW and where are you GOING?

Chat to fellow Rvers about general topics
jessdogster

Re: Where are you NOW and where are you GOING?

Post by jessdogster » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:50 pm

I though I had a picture from when we visited Wayatinah but I think it is in photos lost in a computer malfunction...
Anyhoo...A sight not to be missed is the wooden pipeline at Wayatinah which is reputed to be the biggest wooden pipeline in the Southern Hemisphere. (Actually there are two pipelines side by side)

The pipelines are 4.1m or almost 14ft in diameter and travel side by side for a kilometer and a quarter to the surge tanks before the power station.

They are made from T&G timber about 10”x4” Baltic Pine and have been continuously in service for over 50 years.

Youtube clip here - Not mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBzyg3E-_P4

cheers
Jdog

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Jerry,
Did you know that the original pipe line that supplied water to Kalgoorlie, was made of timber and manufactured by coopers. (No not the SA beer! :lol: )
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 pm

We have been in Huonville all this week so as to use it as base for doing all associated with the Huon Valley.
Anyone interested in trains would like to do the 2 hour run, 7 kms from Lune River on the Ida Bay Railway. It is 2 foot gauge, has square wheels and runs on wiggly corrugated rails.
This morning I spotted an American Airstream caravan; obviously imported as the door is on the right side.
glanyard

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:26 pm

glanyard wrote:
This morning I spotted an American Airstream caravan; obviously imported as the door is on the right side.
glanyard
That could be a discussion topic.

Saw an imported bus.

It had a shortened van door on the LHS into the driver's cab, but everyone seemed to exit from RHS.

Imagine the code must specify a LH door but must not stipulate the removal of the RHS door?
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:14 pm

I like the look of the Airstreams. I would have to see them up close before i bought one though. :)
I imagine import costs and profit are making them a bit exclusive.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

bigal42

Post by bigal42 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Old Techo wrote:I am inspired by Frank and other whingers of even greater integrity ;-)

I noticed in that other place (that Frank recently gave the flick) there is a long-running topic along the lines of this one I just created.

Maybe it will inspire a few more posts?
But they end up going back.Why?

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:36 pm

bigal42 wrote: But they end up going back.Why?
Generally because it has the biggest membership and most discussion.
It is a great forum, but it's not the only one. There are lots of well organised and controlled forums here in Oz, some done on a semi-commercial basis but most done as a free avenue for open chatting and discussion on RV topics.
They come and they go, this one is here and it is now, it can work just as well as the pothers if it gets support.

Anyway, I digress...........
So far this year we've done trips down to Gippsland and up to the Northern Country, all for Ukulele and music festivals.
We've got anotrher one on this coming weekend at Newstead.
YAY 8-)

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:09 pm

I'm home at the minute but will be heading for SA in about 3 weeks.

Just waiting for Frank to leave as there aint enuff room there for both of us ;-)

I'll get back to my Oodnadatta thread soon and respond to the many helpers :D
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Right now we are at home, and will be till week 4 of term 2, another 16 weeks
Term 1 and the first few weeks of term 2 are very busy times for work (charter bus company) but I've spoken to the boss and will finish work at the end of week 4 term 2 (01 Jul17) and shortly after will head north east for Broken hill and continue on through to QLD head for the cape, (or as far as we can get with the on road van) IF Brenda's back is up to it, we'll continue on with tent, air mattress and sleeping bags to go to the top, then back down to Brisbane and Sydney and back home, over a 5 month period, we have friends near Cairns and in Ipswich and a few people to catch up with along the way
Other than a quick 5 day visit to Ipswich 12 years ago we have never been to QLD so we're going to make the most of it

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:18 am

We are still in Tasmania; just north of Launceston.
It took me a while to realise that Tasmania's weather can vary like Melbourne's.
Cold one day, hot the next, torrential rain etc, etc!
glanyard

Return to “Travel Chat”