WUDU Stand Against Free Camping!

BrettAltea
Avid poster

Re: A Bloody Disgrace

Post by BrettAltea » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Emphasis added.
Simon Bayliss wrote:"And now, from FHJ's own replies, we know any opinion he has is an opinion that has been paid for"
Hi guys, these are the things I have warned about. Do you know these to be factually accurate? ...
The original statement was one that I made that has been since deleted. As you can see it references FJH's own reply. As such I cannot see the issue with that statement. Here is FHJ's reply:
Frankie J Holden wrote:My appearances on Whats Up Down Under are part of my professional career as a television presenter. That particular program was sponsored by the New South Wales Camping and Caravanning Industry Association, an umbrella organisation representing all the different parts of the industry. That statement was read by me as part of my professional duties, it’s not to be taken as my personal opinion.
As you can see the opinion that he offered on free camping was a statement that was read by him as part of his professional duties which was sponsored by the New South Wales Camping and Caravanning Industry Association and not to be taken as his personal opinion.
As such any opinion that FHJ might venture on the show you now have to be circumspect about because, as he has admitted, he will venture opinions that are against his own if he has been paid to do so. Is there any other way to read his statement?
OzCamps designer and camping junkie
Want a different look to the forum? Check out my post on Change forum look with FireFox plugin

Sambob
Ex-staff

Post by Sambob » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:21 pm

The two statements are different:

"we know any opinion he has is an opinion that has been paid for"

Does not clarify any context in relation to the show. i.e. "ANY opinion he may have" is very different to saying "any opinion that FHJ might venture on the show"

The first statement used is an opinion to what he said, and is open to mean anything he says, while the second one clarifies ' on the show'

That is was all I was trying to achieve; less open statements that can infer something else
Simon Bayliss

Don't look at what is and ask, Why ... look at what isn't and ask, Why Not!

Food&Fish
Avid poster

Post by Food&Fish » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Who is going to watch tonights eppisode i will just to see the content after that i will make up my mind
If it isent broke dont fix it

Rosehill
Getting the hang of it

Post by Rosehill » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Definitely not me. :!:

jock
Rising star

Post by jock » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:16 am

Did anyone watch it last night??...I meant to to see if any retraction was going to be made but got sidetracked....

Jock :?:

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 pm

jock wrote:Did anyone watch it last night??...
Jock :?:
No, I had better things to do.

Bushman
Avid poster

Re: WUDU Stand Against Free Camping!

Post by Bushman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I note the link to the video on WUDU website has also be removed.
Michael
09 Pajero NT Di-D Auto
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (Now in tow)

durko
Getting the hang of it

Re: WUDU Stand Against Free Camping!

Post by durko » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 am

After reading the comments in this post, I'm amazed no-one has demanded a "right of reply". No CMCA. No C & M. No individual. How can we get our message across if we don't fight back?

Just another note. Many of the advertisers on this show would be targetted at Free Campers. Generators? Self contained RVs? RV accessories? Has anyone contacted any of the advertisers to let them know their add dollars are wasted on this program?

Have I done anything? Just this. I work full time & when I have some time I'm off!

Return to “Free-Camping - Freedom of Choice”