WUDU Stand Against Free Camping!

Food&Fish
Avid poster

Re: A Bloody Disgrace

Post by Food&Fish » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:38 pm

There has been a reply from frankie j on the other forum are we allowed to cut and paste it here
If it isent broke dont fix it

Food&Fish
Avid poster

Post by Food&Fish » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Heres his reply

It's Frankie J Holden here responding to the maelstrom of comment about the short "Free Camping" statement on "What's Up Down Under" last Saturday afternoon.

Phew!! I never knew so many people watched the show!

Let me explain my position.

My appearances on Whats Up Down Under are part of my professional career as a television presenter. That particular program was sponsored by the New South Wales Camping and Caravanning Industry Association, an umbrella organisation representing all the different parts of the industry. That statement was read by me as part of my professional duties, it’s not to be taken as my personal opinion.

On a personal note, I am sorry if I have offended or upset anyone.

I have been advised by the Executive Producer of the show that the segment has been removed from any future episodes.

My apologies to anyone who has taken offence, but don't shoot the messenger as they say! I know there are two sides to every story.

Rather than continue a dialogue over the internet why don't you drop down to Tathra Beach Family Park, I'll cook you a pizza and buy you a beer and we can have a chat about it, and a lot of other things besides.

Again, my apologies - I hope you keep watching the show.

Regards
Frankie J
If it isent broke dont fix it

Bundyrumandcoke
An old hand

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:11 pm

LOl, still takes the opportunity to give his park a plug. Now, if he said you could stay there for FREE for a night, then people might just take him up on his offer. But I doubt thats going to happen.

Cheers
Bundy

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:LOl, still takes the opportunity to give his park a plug. Now, if he said you could stay there for FREE for a night, then people might just take him up on his offer. But I doubt thats going to happen.

Cheers
Bundy
Yep, I thought exactly the same thing Bundy.....still promoting his own CP.

I am sure he would have had some input to the content or the way it was delivered.

'phew I never new so many people watched the show'....even that comment smacks of the lack of sincerity.

Bundyrumandcoke
An old hand

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Boroma577 wrote:
Bundyrumandcoke wrote:LOl, still takes the opportunity to give his park a plug. Now, if he said you could stay there for FREE for a night, then people might just take him up on his offer. But I doubt thats going to happen.

Cheers
Bundy
Yep, I thought exactly the same thing Bundy.....still promoting his own CP.

I am sure he would have had some input to the content or the way it was delivered.

'phew I never new so many people watched the show'....even that comment smacks of the lack of sincerity.

Yep, surely he doesnt just read something off a script once, in one take, then hears "Thats a wrap" from the producer, without the ability to redo the narrative.

You would think that a narrative like that gets read prior to recording, and at that point, if something wasnt right, then an objection would be raised.

Cheers
Bundy

Bundyrumandcoke
An old hand

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Lol, I just got my personal reply from Frankie J. It seems like a case of deja vu. I am going to send him a personal reply.

Dear David,

It's Frankie J Holden here responding to the maelstrom of comment about the short "Free Camping" statement on "What's Up Down Under" last Saturday afternoon.

Phew!! I never knew so many people watched the show!

Let me explain my position.

My appearances on Whats Up Down Under are part of my professional career as a television presenter. That particular program was sponsored by the New South Wales Camping and Caravanning Industry Association, an umbrella organisation representing all the different parts of the industry. That statement was read by me as part of my professional duties, it’s not to be taken as my personal opinion.

On a personal note, I am sorry if I have offended or upset anyone.

I have been advised by the Executive Producer of the show that the segment has been removed from any future episodes.

My apologies to anyone who has taken offence, but don't shoot the messenger as they say! I know there are two sides to every story.

Rather than continue a dialogue over the internet why don't you drop down to Tathra Beach Family Park, I'll cook you a pizza and buy you a beer and we can have a chat about it, and a lot of other things besides.

Again, my apologies - I hope you keep watching the show.

Regards

Frankie J

Bundyrumandcoke
An old hand

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:21 pm

My reply to his "personal reply"

Dear Frankie J

Thank you for your personal reply to my email. Its just a shame its the same form letter- probably written by a publicist- that has already been posted on the internet. And glad to see you took the opportunity to promote your caravan park as well. Good stuff. Your personal reply reeks of insincerity. Given that, I will take your apology with a grain of salt.

Regards

Rosehill
Getting the hang of it

Post by Rosehill » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:23 pm

:lol: Oh how 24 hours and lots of complaints can change the executive producers attitude! Certainly a very, very different attitude and explanation to what he sent to me yesterday. It takes more than a beer and pizza to buy me off, I'm afraid ;-)

This issue is certainly a PR mess by WUDU and it certainly doesn't send a positive image on behalf of the show's sponsors. I think one of Bundy's comments on this matter rings loudly in my ears - "unfortunately, it seems that these days, everyone is out to make a dollar out of everyone." How right you are, Bundy and what a shame that is!

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:My reply to his "personal reply"

Dear Frankie J

Thank you for your personal reply to my email. Its just a shame its the same form letter- probably written by a publicist- that has already been posted on the internet. And glad to see you took the opportunity to promote your caravan park as well. Good stuff. Your personal reply reeks of insincerity. Given that, I will take your apology with a grain of salt.

Regards
Good reply Bundy, let's see what that brings out of the woodwork.

I am especially impressed with FJ's comment that he does not want to discuss the backlash in public but it was ok to make the initial statement in public.

I also agree with Rosehill's comment.....it will sure take more than a beer and pizza to buy me off as well.

Sambob
Ex-staff

Post by Sambob » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:05 pm

I think this is good result and a good response from Frankie J.

Through this we have made the show aware of their misjudgment of the rving community! And they even mentioned not including that type of content in the future. That's angood result.

Well done all who have contributed to this post. There is power in the right approach and we as a group are heard.

Regarding Frankie J mentioning his park, how else can he extend the invite for a beer and pizza? Say he is going to drop around to one of our places. :D .

Well done all, now we can get back to what we all love, touring this great country!

(PS, the mistake has been admitted and prompt replies made from Frankie J and the WUDU, so please go ease up on continuing to vent against Frankie J. This is a personal request and nothing should be read into it. Thanks all)
Simon Bayliss

Don't look at what is and ask, Why ... look at what isn't and ask, Why Not!

Return to “Free-Camping - Freedom of Choice”