Bush camping

User avatar
dieseltojo
Major contributor
Posts: 6139
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Doveton vic

Re: Bush camping

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:10 am

Yep You sure have to weigh up the pros and cons; also larger numbers of campers increases the risks. Some good comments all right.....

Maybe I should re think some of my choices....seemed no problem on the day. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

User avatar
diesel
Cracked the big time
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Somewhere or maybe somewhere else

Re: Bush camping

Post by diesel » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:44 pm

As much as I like bush camps away from the hordes, I gotta say that river camps are my favourite.

010) Camp on the Darling at May's Bend N of Bourke.JPG
The Darling - when it had water.

017) Camp at the Murray.JPG
The Murray.

049) Bush camp near Currawarna.JPG
Close to the Bidgee.

017) Our camp at Green's Point.JPG
The Turon.

12) Camp at the Gwydir, near Bingara.JPG
The Gwyder.


Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigal42
Been here for a while
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Bush camping

Post by bigal42 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Plenty of Free Camps away from everyone,just got to search them out.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
diesel
Cracked the big time
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Somewhere or maybe somewhere else

Re: Bush camping

Post by diesel » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Looks like you appreciate water views also, Bigal.

Jeff

bigal42
Been here for a while
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Bush camping

Post by bigal42 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Yes,we are both born under the sign of Aquarius.

User avatar
dieseltojo
Major contributor
Posts: 6139
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Doveton vic

Re: Bush camping

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:06 pm

Yep great pics..... It's why we do it alright. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Jay&dee
Cracked the big time
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:40 pm
Location: Logan City Queensland

Re: Bush camping

Post by Jay&dee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am

Thanks for the great photos. Million $$$ views.
That is why we chose to bush camp rather than be amongst the C.Parks were it feels like we are part of a ants nest.

Bring on winter so we can head north and enjoy the camp fire lifestyle.
Jay&Dee

User avatar
diesel
Cracked the big time
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Somewhere or maybe somewhere else

Re: Bush camping

Post by diesel » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 am

Jay&dee wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am
Thanks for the great photos. Million $$$ views.
That is why we chose to bush camp rather than be amongst the C.Parks were it feels like we are part of a ants nest.

Bring on winter so we can head north and enjoy the camp fire lifestyle.
Jay&Dee
I did a run into Emerald yesterday Jay and saw a few vans already on the move. Maybe they are coming north earlier this year to escape the heat down south instead of the cold.

Jeff

Jay&dee
Cracked the big time
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:40 pm
Location: Logan City Queensland

Re: Bush camping

Post by Jay&dee » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:48 am

diesel wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 am
Jay&dee wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am
Thanks for the great photos. Million $$$ views.
That is why we chose to bush camp rather than be amongst the C.Parks were it feels like we are part of a ants nest.

Bring on winter so we can head north and enjoy the camp fire lifestyle.
Jay&Dee
I did a run into Emerald yesterday Jay and saw a few vans already on the move. Maybe they are coming north earlier this year to escape the heat down south instead of the cold.

Jeff
Jeff,
You hit the nail on the head. One of our sons lives in Shepparton and the temp yesterday was in the high 30's = 38.
So can not blame the RVers for want to come to Qld.

One of our favourite site is Glebe Weir. Power available for $7 a day. Honesty Box. So do the right thing.
Plenty of red claw, but no or very little fish action. Google it for location or wiki Camp.

Jay & Dee

User avatar
diesel
Cracked the big time
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: Somewhere or maybe somewhere else

Re: Bush camping

Post by diesel » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Jay&dee wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:48 am
diesel wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 am
Jay&dee wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am
Thanks for the great photos. Million $$$ views.
That is why we chose to bush camp rather than be amongst the C.Parks were it feels like we are part of a ants nest.

Bring on winter so we can head north and enjoy the camp fire lifestyle.
Jay&Dee
I did a run into Emerald yesterday Jay and saw a few vans already on the move. Maybe they are coming north earlier this year to escape the heat down south instead of the cold.

Jeff
Jeff,
You hit the nail on the head. One of our sons lives in Shepparton and the temp yesterday was in the high 30's = 38.
So can not blame the RVers for want to come to Qld.

One of our favourite site is Glebe Weir. Power available for $7 a day. Honesty Box. So do the right thing.
Plenty of red claw, but no or very little fish action. Google it for location or wiki Camp.

Jay & Dee
We've been into Glebe Weir a couple of times Jay, nice spot except for the water skiers. I'm a kayaker and like all kayakers, I prefer not to share water with ski boats and jetskis. Maybe I should try the place again, but not on a weekend.

Jeff

Post Reply

Return to “Free-Camping - Freedom of Choice”