cheaper Alternative to Camps 5

BrettAltea
Avid poster

Re: cheaper Alternative to Camps 5

Post by BrettAltea » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 am

brickus wrote:Hi Jock,
Can you name the discrepancies in Camps 5, please? This is not a trick question, just a genuine enquiry. I like to make notes to update my book. If there are too many, I don't mean to put you out.
Camps Australia list any discrepancies/errors/corrections on their website. Click on this link to get them: http://www.campsaustraliawide.com/index.php?page=16

Cheers
Brett
OzCamps designer and camping junkie
Want a different look to the forum? Check out my post on Change forum look with FireFox plugin

brickus
Avid poster

Post by brickus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 am

I just had a quick look at that site. Under the Printable Maps tab, Queensland, they show Niagara Dam (Kookynie). I visited there in WA. Not critical of their site or info, it's just one that's obviously been put in the wrong state.
Bad men flourish when Good men do nothing!
There are 3 types of people. Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say "What the #%@+! happened?"
A man lucky enough to live near a river is lucky enough.

BrettAltea
Avid poster

Post by BrettAltea » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:13 pm

The location of Niagra Dam was correct but someone had put that it was in QLD. I just changed that to WA. Note if you find any errors you can edit/fix it on the website, just click on the "Edit" tab on the marker.

Cheers
Brett
OzCamps designer and camping junkie
Want a different look to the forum? Check out my post on Change forum look with FireFox plugin

brickus
Avid poster

Post by brickus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks Brett, I wasn't trying to be a smarty nickers just that I had been there. Interesting place. I do like "ghost towns" or deserted towns like Wittenoom for instance.
Bad men flourish when Good men do nothing!
There are 3 types of people. Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say "What the #%@+! happened?"
A man lucky enough to live near a river is lucky enough.

K&FT
Avid poster

Post by K&FT » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:51 am

A bit OT but thanks Badger for the link

very useful downloads

frank
Avagoodday
Kath & Frank

30+ years maintaining Electrical/Security/Duress/Voice/Data systems in Public hospitals. retired to go caravanning for much of the year.

Return to “Free Camping Chat”