View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Uhf and Brake Controller install D-Max 

Post Uhf and Brake Controller install D-Max
Picked up the new D MAX yesterday. Today Ive been pondering where to instal the Guardian brake controller and the GME TX3100 Uhf. So before I start drilling holes has anyone got pictures of installation locations.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 am

Post Re: Uhf and Brake Controller install D-Max
Gazndaf,

Cant help with a pic as I have a Navara D 40 auto
The TX 3100 is so small you can put it anywhere within reach - I put mine under the dash just above the rather useless little shelf in front of the gear shift leaver on the Nav' as there is nowhere in the dash to put in a CB easily. I also put in a remote speaker as I thought the sound was not up to it when on the move - mine is a GME SPK 04 extension speaker - bought it at the show for about $25.00 I think - just plug it in to the TX3100.

As for the Brake Controller - same thing - just mount it wherever you can within reach trying to keep it as level as possible.

Hopefully someone with a D-Max will answer better.

Jeff.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi,
I have my Heyman Reece brake controller on lhs next to steering wheel. The uhf a tx 3200 is on lhs of centre consol. I am 180cm tall and have no leg clearence problems. The uhf also faces me and I can see it no problems if I look left and down.
2009 Dmax sx man dual cab 4x4.
Hope this helps you.
regards Alan.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks guys those positions will do me fine.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi gazndaf, got the same problem picked up our D-max 2 weeks ago, no where to fit stuff ( but its a small price to pay i think) just fitted a prodigy in front of left knee, still have plenty of room. the UHF havent quite figured out yet. Got an draw system from an old GQ off a mate and it fits near perfect in the tub. will put the spare battery and engel etc there.
Cheers Warren

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Gazndaf
I to have a Dmax and it took weeks to work out where to place things without drilling holes, but this is how i worked it out
Prodigy brake controler, removed ashtray cover and slid unit into hole.had to make up 2 small brackets and screw to surrounds.If i ever have to remove contol unit screw holes will be covered by ashtry
Uniden 2 way with removable face, placed the removeable face onto its bracket, stuck with double sided tape to console between gear stick and hand brake.The main part of the unit is located under the centre console
around the centre bin.Out of sight and in all a neat and tidy instalation.
Was going to get clever and cut up ashtray face to fit around brake control unit but when i asked about the cost of replacing ashray ($80) i have had to rethink this plan
Hope this helps
Don

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi all
We picked up a new dmax last friday had the brake controller fitted before delivery ,They fitted a Redark and all it has is a small light in a blank switch panel and a small adjustment knob in the
blank switch panel next to it ,the rest is behind the dash ,looks GREAT, The UHF is next weeks headache . LOVE THAT UTE.

Graeme

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem, I have just taken delivery of a Ford Ranger twin cab auto,and need to fit my uhf and brake controller.Any help from Ranger or BT50 owners would be appreciated.
Jim

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]