View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Techni Ice fridge freezer 

Post Techni Ice fridge freezer
I've been considering buying a portable fridge/freezer. Everyone talks about Waeco and Engel, I have just seen a brochure for the Techni Ice 60 litre model for $599 has anyone had any experience with one of these? It looks like a Waeco in disguise!

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Post Re: Techni Ice fridge freezer
Hi

I just purchased a 60 ltr infomon fridge/freezer from http://www.solarenergystore.com.au for $500.0 free delivery , works very well i am running it at this moment locked in a closed shed the temp in the shed is 35c and the fridge readout is 1 c .and the beers are brrrr cold :mrgreen:

They were advertised in a caravan & motor mags.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Chor

I don't know about the fridge (yes it looks like a waeco)but the Techni Ice eskys are crapp, unlike the photo there is not enough insulation in the esky for it to work but just enough in there to stop me adding more.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Rolex, I am surprised at your experience...we all use them up here in our boats...work really well!! Unless they have changed? I haven't bought one in years as they are pretty hardy? I have 100l, an 80l and a 60l, depends which boat I take out.

My daughter uses the 100l for her parties and the ice lasts a week. Pretty hot up here as well.

Chor, no comment on the fridge/freezer however...haven't used one...I have the Infomon which is exactly the same as the one of another name in Repco. Works very well, about the same price and 5 year guarantee.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:14 am

Crazy after using a fiberglass Down Under esky it is very hard to find one that will compete, the orange Tropical brand is the only one that has come close, I have tried a few brands recommended to me by friends and they have all come up short.

the seal on the lid for the down under is so good that when you slam it shut on a hot day the air inside cools quickly and sucks on the lid so it is very very hard to open and when you pull the bung the water won't run out, it just gurgles out.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks for your comments, guys. It seems it is a case of "caveat emptor" and you get what you pay for.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 am

Hey Paul, (MM)
I don't think they make one big enough for you.
Why not just turn the tub in the Navara into a fridge, that way you might get a weeks supply in.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:44 am

:razz: I have a 45lt Techin ice fridge freezer on a fridge slide in my Pajero, I use it as a freezer it's 9 months old and has never missed a beat,we have been full time on the road since March this year,currently in Darwin with up to 33deg and it is working well.
Hope this helps
Bill

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next